- UNTITLED. // Vegetarian Journal;2004, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p26
Presents an essay by 6-year-old Keith Dachauer on being a vegetarian. Reasons why Dachauer's parents became vegetarians; Reactions to killing of animals.
- WHY I AM A VEGETARIAN. // Vegetarian Journal;2004, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p26
Presents an essay by 7-year-old Morgan Jacobs on being a vegetarian. Reasons for becoming a vegetarian; Benefits of vegetables for the body.
- woman versus food. KRAUSS, NICOLE // Real Simple;Dec2010, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p1
In this article the author discusses her struggle with lack of appetite since her childhood. She states that her parents took her brother and her to restaurants around the world and tried to make her eat food. She mentions that she liked to eat selectively in small portions whenever was hungry...
- NUTRITION HOTLINE. Reed Mangels, Keryl // Vegetarian Journal;2004, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p2
Provides nutrition information, current as of January 2004. Database of the U.S. Department of Agriculture on nutrient contents of food; Vegetarianism and eating disorders; Good dental hygiene for vegetarians.
- How to feed a vegetarian. Shelton, Sandi Kahn // Working Mother;Apr96, p74
Presents information on how to feed children who are vegetarians. Views of Audrey T. Cross, PhD professor of nutrition at the Columbia University Institute of Nutrition; Daily requirements of proteins needed by adolescents.
- Your vegetarian child. Danzig, Dani // Mothering;Fall96, Issue 80, p69
Discusses a mother's feelings about her vegetarian child. Decision by 11-year-old son to stop eating any meat, chicken or fish; List of foods that did not include dead animal parts; Nutritionist's advice on how son will get nutrients he needs; Pride in son's willingness to take risks.
- Coexisting with teenage vegetarians. // USA Today Magazine;May95, Vol. 123 Issue 2600, p9
Presents tips for families on coping with teenage vegetarians. Adolescent characteristics that lead them to become vegetarians; Impact on the entire family; Approaches.
- Veggie Kids Stand Tough for Animals. // Hinduism Today;Jul-Sep2010, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p7
The article reports on the support for animals by vegetarian children in Canada.
- BEING PART OF THE VEGGIE BUDDIES. Shah, Seema // Vegetarian Journal;2003, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p19
Presents the author's reflections about the challenges of growing up a vegetarian. Prize won by the author in the 2002 essay writing contest of the 'Vegetarian Journal'; Dietary rules imposed by Jainism, the author's religion; Experiences of being the only vegetarian in elementary and middle...