- JOY TO THE WORLD. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/28/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 20, p20
Presents photographs of fashionable people who attended the promotion of the band Joy Zipper of their album "American Whip" in July 2005.
- Values of youth: Messages from the most popular songs of four decades. Ostlund, Deborah R.; Kinnier, Richard T. // Journal of Humanistic Education & Development;Dec97, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p83
Analyzes the lyrics of the 25 most popular song in America for four decades (1950s-19870s) for value themes. Methodology used in the analysis; Detailed information on the results; Implications of these themes on counseling; Reference made to the study conducted by R.R. Cole; Information on the...
- TOP 5. // Pipe Dream;11/19/2010, Vol. 78 Issue 20, p12
The article lists the top songs in the U.S. for the week of November 19, 2010 which includes "Like a G6," "Only Girl (In the World)," and "Just The Way You Are."
- Voices Of America. Sinclair, Tom // Entertainment Weekly;2/14/2003, Issue 695, p21
Provides information on recordings of song-poems released by several musicians in the U.S.
- Uncharted territory. Willman, Chris // Entertainment Weekly;05/16/97, Issue 379, p113
Discusses how hit songs on Top 40 radio are not released as singles. The availability of the songs only on albums; Examples of pop radio hits that were never released as singles; Records labels as begging `Billboard' magazine to change the way the Hot 100 is calculated; The agreement among...
- TRUE VALUE. // Advocate;7/27/93, Issue 634, p71
Lists several music releases in the U.S. 'Republic,' by NewOrder; 'You Gotta Sin to Get Saved,' by Maria McKee; 'What's Love Got to Do With It,' by Tina Turner.
- One-hit plunderers. D.B. // Entertainment Weekly;07/19/96, Issue 336, p73
Lists a number of music-recording remakes by one-hit musical artists. Juice Newton, `Angel of the Morning'; Club Nouveau, `Lean on Me'; Big Mountain, `Baby I Love Your Way'; Nicki French, `Total Eclipse of the Heart'; Fugees, `Killing Me Softly'; Author of each song's original version;...
- The power of song. Day, Nancy // Cobblestone;Oct92, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p40
Discusses how protest songs have been part of the labor movement since medieval times. Example of power singer Pete Seeger had when singing protest songs; Groups that have used songs to change unfair conditions; Example of verse in early protest song; How songs were set to music; How the songs...
- Hot 100 Singles spotlight. Sandiford-Waller, Theda // Billboard;07/11/98, Vol. 110 Issue 28, p86
Comments on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles chart for the week of July 11, 1998. Savage Garden's single `To the Moon And Back' recognized as a rare re-entry of the Hot 100 Singles chart; How the single was overlooked when it first appeared a year ago; The chart success of Madonna's single, `Ray...