- Big Pun remembered, Baby Pun reps. Goodson, Dave // New York Amsterdam News;2/15/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 8, p9
The article reports on a concert performance held in remembrance of first Latin platinum solo rap artist Christopher Rios, known as Big Pun. The show was performed in his honor by the crew members of music band Terror Squad and singer Joell Ortiz and his offspring, Baby Pun. Foundation Records...
- KNIGHT MUSIC. Barat, Nick // FADER;Jan/Feb2007, Issue 43, p64
The article profiles 22-year-old British rap musician Kingslee "Akala" Daley. The influence of New York rap musicians like Big Pun and Wu-Tang can be heard in Akala's own densely verbal approach, but those are just trace elements among many. The tracks on his album "It's Not a Rumour" and the...
- Capital Punishment. // Transworld Skateboarding;May2010, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p26
The article commemorates the 10th death anniversary of rapper Big Pun on February 7, 2000.
- Bronx mourns heavyweight rapper. Pryce, Vinette K. // New York Amsterdam News;02/10/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 6, p5
Reports on the death of New York, New York-based rap musician Big Punisher. Rapper's death of unconfirmed causes; Subjection of the body to an autopsy; Career progression and achievements.
- VIVENDI UNWRAPS BIG PUN DOC. Gil, Billy // Home Media Magazine;7/27/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p16
The article presents a review of the DVD release of the documentary film "Big Pun: The Legacy," directed by Vlad Yudin, which features the life of rapper Christopher Rios.
- Hear and Now. Sinclair, Tom // Entertainment Weekly;02/25/2000, Issue 527, p80
Presents news briefs about popular music in the United States for the week ending February 25, 2000, which include the indefinite hold on the release of Run-DMC's album `Crown Royal,' and the legacy of rap artist Big Punisher.
- Documentary of the life of Big Punisher. Rogers, Charles E. // New York Amsterdam News;12/6/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 49, p23
Reviews the documentary film 'Blazini' directed by Marcos Antonio Miranda.
- BETWEEN THE BULLETS. Mayfield, Geoff // Billboard;04/22/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 17, p88
Focuses on some of the music recordings listed on the music charts of `Billboard' magazine, April 22, 2000 issue. 'N Sync's `No Strings Attached'; Santana's `Supernatural'; Posthumous album by rapper Big Punisher.
- ROCK AND ROLLS. Finkel, Jon // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Apr2009, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p320
The article presents the author's comments on the names kept by music bands. He says that the when it comes to modern-day billboard chart-toppers, thin is definitely not in. He adds that the trend toward gluttonous-sounding artist names began early in the 20th century. He states that a...