- Warning. // Flying Safety;May95, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p12
Presents a reaction to the article titled `Gortex: Answers to your questions,' by Chuck Dorney on the safety ramifications of wearing the Gortex weather coat published in the May 1995 issue of the `Flying Safety' periodical. All-around versatility; Safety restrictions; Exceptions to the wearing...
- Dress for Success. // Scholastic Action;12/10/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p4
Presents the reasons why school uniforms are a good or bad idea.
- Clothes make the man... Hlotyak, Elizabeth // Westchester County Business Journal;10/23/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 43, p3
Reports on the increasing number of companies using business casual dress and turning away from traditional business attire in the United States. Popularity of casual dress code. INSET: A capsule wardrobe.
- Air-con for clothes. // Design Engineering;Sep2000, p6
Focuses on the development of miniature cooling systems for the clothing fabric of a soldier in Chicago, Illinois. Use of a Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency grant to fund the development project; Production of the cooling material from a distributed system of mesoscopic coolers;...
- Military Uniforms. Humphrey Jr., Robert L. // Eastern Europe;2003, p29
Traces the development of military uniforms in most Eastern European countries during the 17th and 18th centuries. Historical background on the development of military uniforms; Range of styles and cultural influences integrated into military uniforms; Implications on studies of clothing and dress.
- ATTENTION! Demarchelier, Patrick // Harper's Bazaar;Feb2001, Issue 3471, p242
Features several military uniform designs for women in the United States.
- Rating restaurant uniforms. // People;9/16/96, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p132
Presents photographs of soap opera stars modeling restaurant uniforms. Includes Lisa LoCiero; Bronson Picket; Diego Serrano; Aisha Henderson; Kevin McClatchy; John Howard; Dahlia Salem; Others.
- Military might. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/12/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 49, p25
Presents caption photographs of uniforms. Coloring and fabric of the uniforms.
- Fashion that works...or not. Speer, Tibbett L. // Techniques: Making Education & Career Connections;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 73 Issue 8, p39
Discusses how educators can tackle problems related to students' manner of dressing. Collision with fashion statements from students influenced by hip hop and shock rock; Concern by educators over lack of decorum by youngsters; Stereotype of the slovenly student dating back to the flower power...
- UNIFORMLY ALLURING. // Cosmopolitan;Mar2001, Vol. 230 Issue 3, p218
Presents photographs of military-inspired clothing.