- DVD: the great divide. Torr, Jeremy // Bulletin with Newsweek;03/06/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6264, p80
Focuses on digital video discs or digital versatile discs (DVD). Description of DVD; Comparison of DVD to CD and CD-ROM; DVD standards; Need for DVD players or drives; DVD selection or purchase; Web sites on DVD.
- Celebrating DVD's 7th Birthday. // Video Store Magazine;6/6/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p15
Introduces a series of articles about packaged entertainment in the form of high-definition digital discs and the condition of the DVD industry in the U.S.
- FROM the vault. Roxborough, Scott // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/1/2003, Vol. 377 Issue 52, p58
As German distributors remove their archives for unreleased tides in a bid to profit from digital video disk boom the focus has largely been on the work of world-renowned auteur directors such as Wim Wenders, Werner Herzog and Rainer Werner Fassbinder. But as DVD appetite grows German companies...
- New DVD Could Help Students Better Understand Middle East Conflict. // Curriculum Review;Sep2007, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p4
The article reports on the release of the documentary DVD "Six Days in June: The War That Redefined the Middle East" in the U.S. According to WGBH Boston Video, the outcome of the Six Days War has contributed to the country's present stance regarding the unresolved crisis in the Middle East. The...
- Inside the Parliament of Victoria. Glass, Loretta // Ethos;2008/2009, p41
A review of the DVD release in the form of short film clips "Inside Parliament" is presented.
- Reauthoring Recordable DVDs. // DV: Digital Video;Nov2004, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p20
This article discusses the need for reauthoring recordable DVDs. The need for a fully playable DVD, plus the built-in capability to reopen and reauthor its contents arose directly from the development of set-top DVD recorders, which has to be able to record material to a disc in multiple...
- FROM THE DVD RELEASE REPORT. Tribbey, Ralph // Home Media Magazine;12/30/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 51, p6
The article focuses on the average of days for a film to be delivered on DVD format in the U.S. in 2007. It cites that the 93 films released on DVD format that grossed at least $25 million had averaged 126 between theatrical launch and arrival on DVD. It states that the average number of days to...
- Shorty St makes point. // Onfilm;Apr2007, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p11
The article evaluates several DVD and offers information on features and costs.
- Double-layer burning tricks. Yates, Darren // Australian PC User;Nov2007, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p42
The article offers tips on DVD burning. The first key factor when considering how much compression to use is the end playback source. The trick to getting three or even four 2-hour home movies onto a double-layer disc is to use what's called variable Q-rate variable bit rate. A process to get...