Ul spreading health across the state
- Health Care Overview. KATES, KEN // Corridor Business Journal;Feb2013 Envision Supplement, p3
In this article, the author focuses on the health care services provided in Iowa City, Iowa. He states that health services provided to children in Iowa will improve after opening of the Children's Hospital facility by the University of Iowa Health Care over the next few years. He further states...
- UI Children's Hospital ranks among U.S. best. // Corridor Business Journal;6/18/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 47, p2
The article reports on the University of Iowa Children's Hospital that is ranked in 10 special areas in the U.S. news and is considered as the best children's hospital in the World Report 2012-2013.
- UI Health Care, Mercy Medical Center expand collaboration. // Corridor Business Journal;4/9/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 37, p14
The article reports on the announcement made by the University of Iowa Health Care and Mercy Medical Center in Cedar Rapids regarding the establishment of a Medicare accountable care organization (ACO) in 2012.
- Mercy/UIHC collaboration aimed at reducing overlap. Quinn, Timothy // Corridor Business Journal;7/2/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 49, p13
The author comments on the partnership between the University of Iowa and the Mercy Medical Center for providing quality healthcare services at an affordable cost in the area, focus would be on providing patient oriented services and improving screening and preventive care services.
- Children's Hospital leader to leave. Wood, Gigi // Corridor Business Journal;9/13/2010, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on the resignation of Michael Artman, physician-in-chief and head of pediatrics at the University of Iowa Children's Hospital. It mentions that Artman will become pediatrician-in-chief at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in Kansas City, Kansas on October 4, 2010. It...
- Guideline for IV Infiltrations in Pediatric Patients. Montgomery, Lou Ann; Hanrahan, Kirsten; Kottman, Kris; Otto, Angela; Barrett, Tami; Hermiston, Bettina // Pediatric Nursing;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p167
Offers information on the guidelines developed by the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics for intravenous infiltrations in pediatric patients. Goal of the guideline; Pharmacological and nonpharmacological interventions; Practice recommendations.
- Tampa hospital seeks CON for kids' facility. // Modern Healthcare;10/2/95, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p30
Reports that Tampa, Florida-based Saint Joseph's Hospital has filed a certificate-of-need (CON) request to build a children's hospital. Features of the proposed facility.
- Hoag Orthopedic Aims for Transparency, Engagement. REED, VITA // Orange County Business Journal;2/10/2014, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p18
The article offers information on the efforts of Hoag Orthopedic Institute, hospital to improve healthcare in California and offers information on the Children's Hospital of Orange County (CHOC).
- Public debate erupts again over status of partner facility. Batchelor, Suzanne // National Catholic Reporter;7/4/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 33, p12
Reports on the public debate concerning the construction of a children's hospital in Austin, Texas. Finance for the city-owned children's hospital; Development of a health care taxing district; Policies on health care services.