The greening of oil
- ENVIRONMENT. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/22/2011, p6
No abstract available.
- Charter Challenge. // Sierra;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p21
Reports that a coalition of environmental, human rights and women's groups are petitioning California to revoke the corporate charter of oil firm Unocal. Basis for the petition.
- Short Metal Posts and the Tyranny of Black Gold. Nolan, James // North American Review;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 288 Issue 5, p39
This article is about the economic situation in Madrid, Spain and the changes brought by the oil and petroleum industry to the world. Characteristics of the city of Madrid; Efforts of the Green Party members to ban private automobile from the center of the city; Role of car and oil companies in...
- Going green. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/10/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 45, p1
The article comments on the change of principles concerning environmental movements. Causes of the change include the search for clean fuel. The mid-term election success of the U.S. Democratic Party will give the environmental movement a political boost, but it is no longer the province of one...
- Senseless Environmentalism Is Erasing your Bottom Line. Nichols, Larry // New Mexico Business Journal;May2004, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p18
Reveals that Otero Mesa is the center of attention for environmental groups in New Mexico claiming oil and gas development will destroy the wild land. Truth behind drilling for oil and natural gas; Significance of the Otero Mesa oil and gas development for New Mexico; Reason New Mexico is...
- Letters. Lascelles, David; Lancaster, Osbert; Greenberg, Yael; Everett, Sue; Bird, Chris // Green Futures;Apr2009, Issue 72, p49
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the articles in previous issues including one on green movements by Jonathon Porritt, the implications of renewables for the tumbling oil price, and "Crunch time for a green new deal" by Martin Wright.
- Province urged to conduct review of proposed plant. Louiseize, Kelly // Northern Ontario Business;Apr2004, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p12
Reports that some environmental organizations demanded environmental ministry interventions on a proposed petroleum coke plant to be developed on Fort William First Nation in Thunder Bay, Ontario. Environmental impacts of the plant; Discretion of the minister to subject the project to the...
- Energy, green groups talk biodiversity. // InTech;Oct2003, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p24
Presents information on the report released by the Energy and Biodiversity Initiative on biodiversity. Recommendations and tools for integrating biodiversity conservation into oil and gas development; Questions addressed by the report; Collaboration of energy companies and conservation...
- Co-operatives Need to Confront Climate Chaos. Farmelo, Sean // Grassroots Economic Organizing Newsletter;Aug2015, p1
The article explains strategies by which the cooperative movement can support organizations in their effort to stop the Big Six Energy Companies which allegedly burn fossil fuels for profit and use the cover of rising oil prices to grossly inflate their prices.