A combative Gingrich on campaign finance
- Morality is not the issue regarding the speaker of the House. Reese, Charlie // Caribbean Business;2/13/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p34
Addresses the issue of whether US House of Representatives Speaker Newt Gingrich still has a moral right to remain in his position despite allegations from the Democratic Party that he violated the law. Moral standing as a qualification for public office; Priorities in the House that need to be...
- Plans for the 104th Congress. Gingrich, Newt // Vital Speeches of the Day;2/1/95, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p226
Presents the speech delivered by the Republican Speaker of the House of Representatives of the United States Congress on the opening of its 104th session. Composition of the House; Role of the majority whip; Legislative calendar; Views on the social welfare delivery system; Call for bipartisan...
- Newt in the crosshairs. Gibbs, Nancy; Carney, James // Time International (South Pacific Edition);04/07/97, Issue 14, p42
Examines the status of US House of Representatives Speaker Newt Gingrich as of April 1997. His meeting with Representative Joe Scarborough and other House members; Question of when Gingrich will fall; Gingrich's conversion from flamethrower to peacemaker, as planned by his adviser, Joe Gaylord;...
- Newt Gingrich's Balancing Act. SHRIBMAN, DAVID // Fortune;3/31/1997, Vol. 135 Issue 6, p42
Opinion. Discusses United States Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich. What various groups like conservatives, Democrats and Gingrich loyalists are saying about his actions; The tight rope Gingrich must walk across; Possible replacements for Gingrich as Speaker should anything else come up; Outlook.
- Master of the house. Lacayo, Richard; Carney, James // Time International (South Pacific Edition);1/16/95, Issue 3, p28
Profiles Newt Gingrich, newly elected Speaker of the House of the Representatives of the United States. Gingrich's career background; Political inclinations; Effects of Republican majority in Congress.
- Housebreaker. Sternberg, William // Atlantic (02769077);Jun93, Vol. 271 Issue 6, p26
Profiles House of Representatives Republican member Newt Gingrich. Enemies among the Democrats and fellow Republicans; Career in the legislature; Reputation in Congress; As prototype for enterpreneural politicians; Exposure of House bank anomaly; Attitude to Soviet threat; Education;...
- A roadblock for conservatives. Lansner, Kermit // FW;3/28/95, Vol. 164 Issue 8, p112
Comments on Speaker Newt Gingrich's leadership style at the US House of Representatives. Gingrich's relationship with the press; Cracks in the Republican unity.
- Quality control in the House. Miller, William H. // Industry Week/IW;3/6/95, Vol. 244 Issue 5, p70
Reports on House Speaker Newt Gingrich's declaration of `Corrections Day' in the House. Consideration of small technical changes in past laws in hopes of repealing the most destructive and least useful federal requirements.
- If Gingrich isn't out, he won't be down. Sperling, Godfrey // Christian Science Monitor;1/21/97, Vol. 89 Issue 38, p18
Discusses the portrayal of United States House Speaker Newt Gingrich as a politically wounded Speaker, whose role will become relatively secondary. Replacement of Gingrich as the real leader of the House; Contention by majority leader Richard Armey that Gingrich will continue to provide...