Is deposit insurance the bankers' Faustian bargain?
- THE INSURANCE OF BANK DEPOSITS IN THE WEST. Cooke, Thornton // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Nov09, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p85
Focuses on the laws providing for insurance of bank deposits passed in several states of the U.S. from 2002-2002. Impact of the announcement of legal holiday by banks on trade and economy; Key legislative results of the situation; Developments in the procedure of the bill's conversion into law;...
- FDIC redo in '02? Cocheo, Steve // ABA Banking Journal;Jan2002, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p6
Provides an outlook on legislative bills that may affect banks and banking in the United States as of January 2002. Bill on fund merger; Information on a bill that may affect deposit insurance coverage; Status of discussions on easing collateral requirements.
- At a Glance. // Fairfield County Business Journal;01/29/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p17
Focuses on major laws that have affected the banking industry in the United States (U.S.), according to the U.S. Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. National Bank Act of 1864; Bank Holding Company of 1956; Gramm-Leach Bliley Act of 1999.
- Small business alert: Have you been D'Oenched by the FDIC? Finucane, Stephanie // Westchester County Business Journal;2/14/94, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p17
Reports on D'Oench Duhme Doctrine as a target of litigation. Misuse by Federal Deposit Insurance Corp; Purpose of the law; Provision introduced by the Financial Institutions Reform, Recovery and Enforcement Act (FIRREA) of 1989; FDIC's current interpretation of the D'Oench Duhme Doctrine; Uses...
- Banking law--`superholder' in due course protection of FDIC extended: Kilpatrick v. Riddle bars... Schrock, David // Journal of Corporation Law;Winter92, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p493
Opinion. Focuses on the banking law in the United States that provides extended protection to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC). Review of the Supreme Court's 1942 decision in the case `D'Oench, Duhme & Co. v. FDIC'; Analysis of the decision on the case `Kilpatrick v. Riddle.'
- Open for comment. Cocheo, Steve // ABA Banking Journal;Jan1995, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the deadline for the comment on the United States Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.'s (FDIC) advance notice of proposed rulemaking on how the agency determines what each bank must pay for deposit insurance coverage. Options.
- Runs on deposits will rise if FDIC is first at the table in bank liquidations. Lowy, Martin // American Banker;7/21/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 138, p5
Comments on the proposal in congress in giving preference to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. in bank liquidations. Major changes in banking laws; Liquidity problems; Cost of bank failures; Invitation to runs.
- Fresh Push In Senate For FDIC Reform. Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;6/21/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 119, p1
Reports on deposit insurance reform efforts in the United States. Legislation introduced in the U.S. Senate concerning deposit insurance; Coverage level per account.
- Four Proposals from the FDIC. Randall, K.A. // Banking;Oct65, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p38
Focuses on the legislative proposals of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) which aim to minimize bank failures in the United States. Supervisory action of the FDIC; Details on the proposal to broaden the ability of FDIC to assist banks in financial difficulties; Information on how...