Mideast peace glimmers
- Undermining the peace. // Commonweal;10/11/96, Vol. 123 Issue 17, p5
Comments on the state of the peace process between Israel and Palestine following the outbreak of violence in Jerusalem, Gaza and the West Bank. Significance of the opening of an entrance to an ancient tunnel running near the Dome of the Rock and Al-Aqsa Mosque; Lack of a single public gesture...
- Something ventured may be venture gained. Fulman, Ricki // Pensions & Investments;11/2/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p3
Discusses investment opportunities for American companies in the Middle East resulting from the peace agreement between Israel and Palestine. Investors' assessment of the peace agreement; Companies that have made small investments in the region following the agreement; Long-term impact of the...
- The Israeli Position. Peres, Shimon // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p15
Presents the policy directives about the position of Israel on peace negotiations with the Palestinians which was issued by Israeli Foreign Minister Shimon Peres on March 13, 2001. Determination of the government of Israel to achieve peace with its Palestinian neighbors; Plan of the Israeli...
- Islamist perspectives of regime political response: The cases of Lebanon and Palestine. Moussali, Ahmad S. // Arab Studies Quarterly;Summer96, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p53
Examines obstacles on the peaceful resolution of Israeli-Arab conflict. Israel's relations with various Arab regimes; Discourses of many Islamic fundamentalists on the current peace negotiations and agreements; Historical importance placed by Islamic fundamentalists on Palestine; Views on Arab...
- An uncertain peace. // Current Events;11/14/94, Vol. 94 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the peace treaty between Jordan and Israel. Significance of the treaty; Terms of the agreement; Factors which led to the treaty; Background accounts on the conflict between Jordan and Israel; Opposition to the treaty.
- Hope and fear. Diconsiglio, John // Scholastic Update;09/20/96, Vol. 129 Issue 2, p2
Focuses on the implications of Benjamin Netanyahu's victory in the May 1996 elections in Israel for the peace process between Israel and Palestine. Netanyahu's stand on the peace process issue; History of the conflict between the two countries; Background on Netanyahu and his Palestinian...
- The signing of the Jordan and Israel peace treaty. Clinton, Bill // Vital Speeches of the Day;11/15/94, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p68
Presents a speech by the President of the United States, given before the signing of the peace treaty between Israel and Jordan at the Wadi Araba Crossing, on October 26, 1994. Legacy of King Hussein's grandfather; Cooperation issues.
- Mideast Hope, Caution. // Christian Science Monitor;10/26/98, Vol. 90 Issue 232, p20
Editorial. Answers two important questions about the peace agreement signed by Israel and Palestine in October of 1998. The ability of the agreement to restore enough confidence in the Israeli-Arab peace process to neutralize the role played by extremists in each country; The ability of the...
- At Mideast peace talks: `Everything is on the agenda,' Bandrapalli, Suman; McLaughlin, Abraham T. // Christian Science Monitor;12/29/95, Vol. 88 Issue 24, p2
Reports on Israel's peace talks with Syria in Maryland on December 29, 1995 and which will continue again from January 3 to January 5, 1996, in which US is participating as a mediator.