Sensible gun control is still possible
- Inbox. Delong, D. J.; JohnDavidDeatherage; Wells, Luan; Bowen, Jeffrey // Time;2/4/2013, Vol. 181 Issue 4, p2
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles "Your Brain Under Fire," by Amanda Ripley and "The Next Gun Fight," in the January 2013 special issue on gun control in the U.S.
- A Little Bit of Gun Control. // Governing;May2009, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p15
The article presents the author's insight on the issues of gun control in the U.S. It states that because of the growing number of gun violence in the country, state legislators tend to propose tougher legislation that would control gun violence through managing the problem of gun trafficking....
- GAYS, GUNS AND GOD. Weems, Mickey // Outlook: Columbus;Apr2013, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p10
The article offers the author's views on the need to ban assault weapons in the U.S. He says that people advocating rights to have assault weapons should not own at all as they can be paranoid, trigger-happy, or homophobic. He discusses the pro-gun rhetoric for keeping assault weapons for use...
- Statement on Senate Action on Gun Control Legislation. Obama, Barack // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;3/14/2013, p1
The article presents the statement issued by U.S. President Barack Obama on March 14, 2013 in relation to the Senate action on gun control legislation. He thanked the Senate for the measure to help reduce gun violence. He believes that military-style assault weapons can inflict maximum damage...
- Gun control group gives Obama an 'F'. O'Brien, Michael // Hill;1/19/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on a failing grade of U.S. President Barack Obama rated by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence because of his alleged runaway from gun control in the country.
- Thank you again! King, John; King, Joyce // American Agriculturist (0161-8237);Mar2013, Vol. 210 Issue 3, p7
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about gun-control in the U.S.
- Don't paint caricature of gun-owners. // Hill;2/11/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p19
The author reflects on the continuing debate over gun control in the U.S.
- Pro-gun America Quiet, Contemplative in Wake of Sandy Hook Massacre. // Moderate Voice;12/17/2012, p7
The article reports that calls for stricter gun control due to the Sandy Hook, Connecticut school shooting have drawn no response from pro-firearm organizations and politicians in the U.S.
- MISSING THE MARK: GUN CONTROL IS NOT THE CURE FOR WHAT AILS THE U.S. MENTAL HEALTH SYSTEM. WOLF, CAROLYN REINACH; ROSEN, JAMIE A. // Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology;Fall2015, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p851
Recent gun control legislation aimed at removing guns from the hands of the mentally ill in order to reduce violence is misguided. In fact, this only contributes to the mistaken belief that there is a direct link between mental illness and violence. This Article suggests that instead,...