Chart a pathway to citizenship without border walls
- San Diego says "No!" to Arizona's tough immigration law. Sáinz, Pablo Jaime // La Prensa San Diego;4/30/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 17, p1
The article reports on the unity of communities, religious and civil leaders in San Diego, California to protest the new SB 1070 immigration law signed in Arizona.
- Here come the Suns. Zirin, Dave // Green Left Weekly;5/12/2010, Issue 836, p17
The article reports on the implementation of the Senate Bill 1070 supported by Governor Jan Brewer and John McCain and its ill effects to several foreign immigrants in Arizona.
- Our Stake in SB 1070. Madrigal-Espinoza, Iván // Echo Magazine;8/2/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p71
The article provides an answer to a question regarding the anti-immigrant law in Arizona, known as Senate Bill (SB) 1070 which was passed in April 2010.
- SB 590: An Arizona-style invitation for litigation. Adams, Angela D. // Indiana Lawyer;3/16/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p16
The article discusses the anti-immigrant Senate Bill 590 which is modeled after the immigration law of Arizona.
- Inhumane border policy killed migrants in trailer, bishop says. // National Catholic Reporter;5/30/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 30, p8
Focuses on the inhumane border policy in Texas. Death of migrants found at the back of a trailer truck; Call of U.S. bishops for a more just border policy.
- Secure national borders in a smart way. Corryn, John // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);1/25/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p2
The article comments on the apparent lack of progress in efforts to reform the broken immigration laws of the U.S. and secure its national borders.
- Border Fence Is on the Fence. Smallen, Jill; Mitchell, Charlie; Swindel, Bill // National Journal;9/30/2006, Vol. 38 Issue 39, p46
The article reports that U.S. Republican senators are still undecided on passing a bill that would authorize 700 miles of reinforced fencing along the Mexican border. The bill, which the House approved on September 14, 2006 was the most prominent of several incremental border-security measures...
- A BORDER FENCE OR A BORDER BAND-AID? // High Country News;11/13/2006, Vol. 38 Issue 21, p3
The article reports on the federal immigration bill about constructing a 700-miles fence along the U.S. and Mexico border. It is the only statue in draft passed during a year of congressional debate on the content which President George W. Bush singed in October 2006. Part of the statement is...
- Desperation at Europe's back gate. Sage, Adam // New Statesman;10/10/2005, Vol. 134 Issue 4761, p15
Reports on the increasingly desperate attempts of Africans to reach Melilla and Ceuta, Spain's other enclave in North Africa, over the last six weeks. Efforts to climb over three metre-high border fences in groups of several hundred at a time, using ladders made from pine branches held together...