Israel's righteous fight
- Collateral Damage. Rees, Matt; Hamad, Jamil; Klein, Aharon // Time;8/5/2002, Vol. 160 Issue 6, p17
Discusses Israel's assassination of senior Hamas leader Sheik Salah Shehadah. How he transformed Hamas' terrorist operations; Israeli intelligence information; Shehadah's legacy; Reaction to the assassination which also left 15 Palestinian civilians dead.
- Bloody Thursday. // Newsweek;8/20/2001, Vol. 138 Issue 8, p14
Focuses on a bombing incident in an Israeli pizzeria by a Palestinian suicide bomber. Details of the incident; Number of Israeli deaths from the bomb; Claim of responsibility by Islamic militants from Hamas; Response of Israelis to the bombing.
- Terror at lunchtime. Atlas, Terry // U.S. News & World Report;8/20/2001-8/27/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 7, p17
Reports on an August 2001 suicide bombing at a pizzeria in Jerusalem that killed 15 people and was attributed to a Palestinian named Izzadine Masri. Claim of the militant Islamic movement Hamas that the bombing was retaliation for Israel's assassination of Palestinian leader s described by...
- Terror on the beach. Derfner, Larry // U.S. News & World Report;06/11/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 23, p38
Focuses on terrorist bombing at a discotheque in Tel Aviv which was the most deadly terror strike of the intifada as of June 11, 2001. Details of the bombing; Inability of Israel to prevent attacks; Expectation that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon will end his policy of military restraint;...
- Last Dance, Last Chance? Rees, Matt; Hamad, Jamil // Time International (South Pacific Edition);6/11/2001, Issue 23, p35
Reports on the suicide bombing at the Tel Aviv, Israel nightclub Dolphinarium by a member of the Islamic Jihad. Number of fatalities; Decision of Israel to close all crossings from the Gaza Strip and the West Bank and to bar Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat from using the Gaza airport; Mention...
- American Jewish Leaders Asked to Speak Out Against Growing Terrorism in Israel. Brownfeld, Allan C. // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p48
The article focuses on the call for American Jewish leaders to speak out against growing terrorism in Israel. American Jewish leaders have been quick and correct to call upon Muslim leaders in the U.S. to condemn Islamic terrorism forcefully, particularly when it is against Jews, and to mobilize...
- Peace and the Challenges of Faits Accomplis. Abuzayyad, Ziad // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2007, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p37
The article discusses the impact of "Operation Defensive Shield" on Palestine. It is considered as the turning point in Israeli-Palestinian relations because it put an end to any opportunity for negotiations and escalates the violence between the two sides. It not only brought destruction to...
- Inching Ever Closer to War. Hammer, Joshua; Ephron, Dan // Newsweek;11/6/2000, Vol. 136 Issue 19, p46
Discusses the violence in the Middle East between Israelis and Palestinians. Threat of the Islamic Jihad and other militant groups to attack targets inside Israel; Efforts of Israel's Prime Minister Ehud Barak to form a coalition with Likud leader Ariel Sharon; Conditions demanded by the...
- When death pays a visit. Derfner, Larry; Toameh, Khaled Abu // U.S. News & World Report;05/28/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 21, p31
Focuses on a terror bombing in Netanya, Israel, by Arab Mahmoud Ahmed Marmash. How terrorism in this area has increased; Public opinion, which is divided over the lack of action taken by Prime Minister Ariel Sharon; Feelings of Israelis on ways to retaliate against the Arabs.