- US Plan Takes On Toxic Assets. Collins, Brian // National Mortgage News;3/30/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p1
The article reports on a plan of U.S. President Barack Obama's administration to give financial institutions an option to unload bad mortgage assets at prices determined by private investors with government backing. It is noted that the investors who are willing to partner with the federal...
- Empty budget promises. // Hill;4/8/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p14
The author reflects on the promise by U.S. President Barack Obama for economic assistance.
- Bipartisan, post-partisan, just partisan. Mellman, Mark S. // Hill;2/18/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p12
The author reflects on the vanishing essence of partisanship due to the move of Republicans to deny President Barack Obama and his stimulus package plan in the U.S.
- Liberal Democrats seek to expand stimulus package beyond $1 trillion. Soraghan, Mike // Hill;1/20/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p8
The article reports that the liberal Democrats are lobbying hard to put President-elect Barack Obama's economic stimulus bill beyond $1 trillion.
- Billions more. // Hill;10/15/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 119, p28
The article focuses on the author's view regarding the move by presidential candidate Barack Obama in leading his fellow Democrats in planning an economic stimulus package in the U.S.
- Bad jobs data spur Obama on stimulus. Youngman, Sam // Hill;6/9/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 66, p1
The article reports on the decision of President Barack Obama to increase stimulus spending to solve the high growth of unemployment in the U.S.
- Zogby Poll: Just 27% Believe They Will Benefit From Economic Stimulus Bill. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);3/4/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p6
The article reports that only 27% of the Democrats believe that they will benefit from the U.S. President Barack Obama's economic stimulus bill in a survey done by Zogby Poll while 43% of the Republicans believe they will benefit from it.
- States receive millions in federal recovery funds; New York and California among biggest recipients. Townes, Glenn // New York Amsterdam News;4/16/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 16, p4
The article reports on the federal aid given by the government to states in the U.S. under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) signed by President Barack Obama. The federal aid is aimed at supporting working families, prevent disease and protect the environment. California will get...
- Officials, civics ready to spend Obama's cash. Winzelberg, David // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/19/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 62, p7A
The article reports that the biggest projects could benefit from the economic stimulus dollars promised by President-elect Barack Obama in Long Island, New York. According to planning experts, some of the region's biggest projects could get approved quickly. Moreover, it is said that in many...