- Community leaders. Goff, Clare // New Media Age;7/6/2006, p21
The article considers advertising on different social networking Web sites. These Web sites have turned one's private sanctuary into a public notice board. To advertiser, these social networking sites offer a unique opportunity to become part of the world of teenagers. Social networking Web...
- Social networking registers. Vence, Deborah L. // Marketing News;10/15/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 17, p4
This article reports that online social networking is becoming profitable. This year, an estimated total of $280 million will be spent on advertising space. The number is expected to increase to almost $2 billion by the year 2010. The biggest receiver of revenue is MySpace at $180 million.
- Brand in the news Facebook. Field, Adam // Marketing (00253650);7/28/2010, p6
The article focuses on the significance of social networking site such as Facebook for advertisers to communicate, connect, and share information, products, and services to consumers.
- Facebook: 'revenue decline due to seasonal ad trends'. O'Reilly, Lara // Marketing Week (Online Edition);4/24/2012, p7
The article reports a decline in social network's first quarterly revenue including Facebook which reported its first quarterly revenue decline in two years which is blamed on the weaker than usual performance of seasonal advertising trends.
- More than just social, networks grasp for profits. Messina, Judith // Crain's New York Business;6/2/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p24
The article reports on the current trend of New York social networking Web sites, trying to get more profitability by attracting advertisers. Several executives of online firms are thinking of finding revenue models in social networks that will help them turn their businesses to profitability....
- Zuckerbergs groÃŸe Werbemaschine. Britta, Rosbach // Lebensmittel Zeitung;3/28/2014, Issue 13, p48
The article discusses the use of the social network Facebook as a marketing tool in the German retail industry. Information on Facebook's revenues from advertising, the increase of advertising relevance, and content quality is presented. Also included is information on the effect of social...
- Redes sociales ï¿½un modelo de negocio poco definido? de Silva, Alberto Mart�nez; Grande, Elena Urquia // Partida Doble;Jul2011, Vol. 22 Issue 234, p14
From the point of view of the business model, we analyze existing sources of revenue for social networks to propose some contributions to their survival strategy in the future. The opening of social networks for electronic commerce should drastically change the shape and the advertising...
- Recession-busting revenue streams. Hemsley, Steve // Media Week;11/17/2009, Issue 1234, p22
The article describes the new business models being implemented by the marketing industry for revenue recovery. It notes that MediaCom applied the Beyond Advertising business model which allows it to grab non-traditional advertising opportunities linked to gaming, word-of-mouth, search, and...
- Facebook: 'Marketers are realising the creative opportunity we offer'. O'Reilly, Lara // Marketing Week (Online Edition);7/24/2014, p5
The article reports on the advertising revenue increased posted by online social networking service Facebook in the second quarter of 2014. Topics discussed include the increased understanding of marketers about the strong creative opportunity offered by social networking sites, according to...