Sex Education in School
- Morality and Public School Speech: Balancing the Rights of Students, Parents, and Communities. Jenkins, Peter L. // Brigham Young University Law Review;2008, Vol. 2008 Issue 2, p593
The article explores the need to balance the rights of students, parents and communities in relation to the issue of morality and public schools speech in the U.S. It examines the idea that schools must be free to make moral decisions in curriculum choices and argues that courts are poor fora in...
- Safer Sex in the High School History Classroom. Doyle, Christopher L. // Perspectives on History;May2010, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p25
The article discusses the teaching of sex education in high schools. The author talks about controversies concerning the teaching of sex education. The author explains that sex education is integral to the study of human demographics, race relations, and technology. The negative representation...
- Sex education - premature and pernicious. Brooke, Amy // Investigate;Dec2010, Vol. 10 Issue 119, p68
The article offers the author's insights regarding the sex education curriculum of the Ministry of Education in New Zealand. She discusses the competence among teachers to teach students with information towards sex, its moral or ethical values. She contends that the ministry's "Inclusive...
- SELECTING ONLINE CURRICULUM. Partch, Gregory // Media & Methods;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p37
Presents information on online curriculum available to schools in the U.S. Categories of online curriculum; Suggested questions for vendors before purchasing online curricula.
- Curriculum project to integrate academic, job standards. Trotter, Andrew // Education Week;05/07/97, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p6
Reports that a partnership of 24 state education agencies and three education groups has unveiled a system to help high schools and colleges create curricula that reflect academic, occupational, and general employability standards. Key features of the curriculum project; Initiatives under the...
- Back to School on the Texas Frontier. Cornyn, John // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);8/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p10
The article focuses on the starting of new sessions for the schools in Whitney, Texas and also discusses the curriculum of schools.
- Becky-David recognized for parent involvement. Baraba, Sarah // St. Charles Journal;10/10/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 41, pA5
The article features the Becky-David Elementary in the Francis Howell School District of Missouri, recently named one of the 25 Coolest Schools in America based on innovative curriculum and programming, by "Scholastic Parent and Child" magazine.
- We hear from readers what they're saying. // Curriculum Review;Feb2000, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p2
Presents updates of relevance to the educational curricula in United States schools as of February 2000. Includes curriculum department-developed ideas given to elementary art teachers in Trumbull, Connecticut; Experience of a Virginia teacher of using a free Web page offer to put his classroom...
- International schools teach global lessons. // Curriculum Review;Feb2000, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on the efforts of international schools in the United States in using bilingual curricula to teach global lessons. Advantages of using bilingual curricula and promoting involvement in foreign projects in terms of imbuing children with a global perspective and an interest in other cultures.