Social intelligence design: a junction between engineering and social sciences
- E is for e-engineering. Wilson., Dave // Design Engineering;Oct99, p15
Focuses on the benefits of computer software engineering to systems designers. Cost effectiveness of using the Internet; Dependence of software engineering on information technology infrastructure.
- Social intelligence design in ambient intelligence. Nijholt, A.; Stock, Oliviero; Nishida, Toyoaki // AI & Society;Aug2009, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on papers showed at the sixth Social Intelligence Design Workshop and another on efficiency-oriented applications related with interface technology and computer science.
- The multiple faces of social intelligence design. Cavallin, Humberto; Fruchter, Renate; Nishida, Toyoaki // AI & Society;May2010, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p141
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by T. Shiose and colleagues on inclusive communication design, one by Osamu Katai on coexistential communication and one by Pavan Dadlani on Aurama system for elderly care.
- Systems Development Methods for Enterprise Integration, Part 1. Finkelstein, Clive // DM Review;Feb2004, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p66
Discusses the changes in systems development methods necessary for the 21st century enterprise. List of personalities who were key originators of software engineering methodologies or structured methods; Result of changing programs that automated the different versions of the manual process;...
- DiseÃ±o de Sistemas de Procesos: Un Enfoque Integrador. Domínguez, Orlando J.; Finetti, Julián E.; Michel, Raquel L.; Villanueva, Bárbara M. // InformaciÃ³n TecnolÃ³gica;2007, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p11
The article offers information on the integrated approach of process system design. The integrated approach of process system design offers solutions to problems in process design integrating economics and technologic concepts. It also provides solution on optimization problem and optimization...
- Systems Development Methods for Enterprise Integration, Part 3. Finkelstein, Clive // DM Review;Apr2004, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p64
Discusses the solutions to systems development problems in enterprise engineering. Concerns that systems development strategies must address; Factors that IT departments of businesses must consider in line with the solutions; Role of enterprise engineering in strategic business planning.
- Take it to the bridge. Britton, Chris // ITNOW;Nov2006, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p8
The article compares the information technology (IT) application development and engineering. IT design is not an engineering discipline as it lacks a good concept of hierarchical design and there is practically no analysis done on designs. Identification of implicit requirements and working out...
- QUESTIONING SOFTWARE'S USABILITY. Hambrose, Harold // Baseline;Nov2008, Issue 90, p14
The article focuses on the usability of computer software. It implies that information technology (IT) companies spend billions of dollars to create and market software designed to improve efficiency and increase effectiveness. It notes that many of the software applications are failing the end...
- Recreational Engineering. Prucha, Thomas // International Journal of Metalcasting;Summer2013, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p5
The article looks at activities involve in recreational engineering. The author reflects on his experience of attending a seminar held by a materials information technology company. Recreational engineering is described as an activity that is fun to do but does not necessarily translate into...