California should try other reform ideas
- America must repair its public health safety net. Rocklage, Mary Roch // AHA News;2/24/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p6
Calls for health care reform in the U.S. in 2003. Emphasis on the federal budget for Medicaid disproportionate-share hospitals; Problems in the proposed budget for 2004; Recommendations for the U.S. Congress.
- Iowa Sets Up External-Review Process. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jun99, Vol. 100 Issue 2, p17
Discusses Iowa residents' access to an external review process concerning denials of health insurance coverage based on medical necessity. Details on the external-review privilege; Information on the review panel; Details on the health-reform package.
- 3 How will people's health insurance choices be affected? // Columbia Journalism Review;May/Jun2010 Supplement, p10
The article reports on how an individual's health insurance choices will be affected under health care reforms enacted in the U.S. in 2010 and includes information on the expansion of health insurance, private insurance plans, and non-cancellation policies.
- Major change on its way. // Finweek;3/25/2010 Medu Capital Supplement, p11
The article presents the author's view on the National Health Insurance by the South African government and its effects on the country's health care industry.
- Health reform costing $600 million. Collins, John // Caribbean Business;12/26/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p25
Assesses the benefits received by the indigent population in Puerto Rico under Governor Pedro Rossello's health reform in 1996. Estimated number of the population covered by health plan by year 2000; Insurance carriers underwriting the government's health plan; Concern over increasing cost of...
- One million now in Reform Health Plan. Collins, John // Caribbean Business;7/25/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p25
Reports on the Reform Health Plan, a project of the Puerto Rico government that extends health benefits to the island's indigent population. Number of residents covered by plan; Kinks in plan's implementation; Complaints of health care providers about the plan.
- High-risk pool's small splash. Mayrer, Jessica // Missoula Independent;7/22/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p6
The article reports on the approval of 10 out of 49 enrollees for the Affordable Care Plan which was implemented as part of the national health care reform law in Missoula, Montana.
- Changing the face of health care. Prins, Esme // Finance Week;9/16/2002, p62
Comments on the proposed reform of the national health insurance system in South Africa. Reform measures in the public and private sectors; Proposals that target medical schemes; Cost control provisions.
- Repeal ObamaCare. Higgs, Robert // Reason;Nov2011, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p24
The article reports on the ObamaCare, popularly known as the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, which is a health care reform and focuses on giving insurance to permanent employees.
- STATES PUSH BACK. Cauchi, Richard // State Legislatures;Jun2010, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p26
The article focuses on opposition from some U.S. states to the federal health care reform. Arizona, Florida and Oklahoma will have constitutional amendments on the 2010 elections to block the reform. The article also notes that most of the states oppose the requirement that everyone has health...