- Opening ANWR! Duke, Kim // Alaska Business Monthly;Jun2003, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the plans of opening the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to oil and gas development in Alaska. Advocacy of Arctic Power for the development of the coastal plain; Impact of the oil development project on wildlife and the environment; Disinformation campaign against the opening of the...
- HOW QUICKLY WE FORGET. Begley, Sharon; Yarett, Ian // Newsweek;5/17/2010, Vol. 155 Issue 20, p39
The article discusses a greater sense of resignation on the part of the U.S. public with respect to environmental disasters. While a 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara, California helped spur the creation of Earth Day, efforts to open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to petroleum drilling nearly...
- Wild Profits. Urstadt, Bryant // Technology Review;Apr2005, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p74
This article discusses the report Arctic Petroleum Development: Implications of Advances in Technology by Terry R. Twyman of the U.S. Congressional Research Service. Central to the case for allowing exploration and drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge is the argument that new...
- Debate. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;04/16/2001, Vol. 63 Issue 23, p7
Presents a debate on whether Congress should vote for allowing companies to drill oil at the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska.
- Push to Drill in Alaska Growing. Daerr, Elizabeth G. // National Parks;May/Jun2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5/6, p11
Discusses the plan to open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska for oil and gas exploration. Oil demand in the United States; Information on the National Energy Security Act of 2001; Estimated amount of technically recoverable oil within the refuge; Concerns expressed by environmental...
- Oil exploration can be a boon to Alaskans and environment. Young, Don // Christian Science Monitor;10/13/95, Vol. 87 Issue 223, p18
Opinion. Discusses the plans for development of the coastal plain of Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) by the Americans. Points to be considered by the US Congress while formulating the plan; Prospects of oil development in Alaska.
- Caribou culture clashes with oil age. Rosen, Yereth // Christian Science Monitor;11/24/95, Vol. 87 Issue 252, p4
Reports the controversy on the proposed drilling of Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, Alaska, for oil. Battle of Alaska's Gwich'in Indians against the refuge; Opinion of Sen. Frank Murkowski of Alaska on oil development; Conflict with Republicans in Washington over the issue; Details on the matter.
- Linda Chavez. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;04/16/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 40, p24
Focuses on the debate over oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. Support of the Alaskans of the proposed drilling; Effort of environmentalists and Democrats to discourage oil exploration in the reserve; Preservation of Alaska's reputation as the last American frontier...
- Nation split sharply on drilling in Arctic. Dillin, John; Savides, Steven // Christian Science Monitor;2/27/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 64, p3
Looks at results of a survey to determine whether Americans supported oil production in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska.