Nurses can help protect Medicare
- WEST AUSTRALIAN VIGIL. // Australian Nursing Journal;Aug95, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p9
Presents a photograph of the candlelight vigil held by the Australian Nursing Federation Western Australia branch members outside the Parliament House to protest against health services budget cuts.
- ANF Health Policy 1996. // Australian Nursing Journal;Feb96, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p22
Focuses on the 1996 health policy of the Australian Nursing Federation. Nursing philosophy of health care; Nurses' model for a health system.
- Outback nurses need legal protection. // Australian Nursing Journal;Apr98, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p5
States that according to the Western Australian branch of the Australian Nursing Federation (ANF), the only answer to the severe shortage in medical services for remote communities was not sending more doctors. Comments from Marea Vidovich, research and development officer of the branch;...
- `Angels of Bataan' remembered. // Australian Nursing Journal;Aug99, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p15
Focuses on the privatization issue at Melbourne's Austin and Repatriation Medical Center. Effect of the issue on the hospital's medical services; List of unions involved in the issue; Views of Australian Nursing Federation Victorian Branch Assistant Secretary Hannah Sellers on the issue.
- PRACTISING COMPLEMENTARY THERAPIES. // Australian Nursing Journal;Mar2000, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p29
Announces that the Australian Nursing Federation (ANF) has developed a complementary therapies policy. How the ANF perceives the complementary therapies that nurses use; Recommendations given by the ANF; Requirements for the practice of complementary therapies.
- A new national agenda. Bryce, Julianne // Australian Nursing Journal;Mar2008, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p20
The article provides information on several projects which seek to achieve national consistency in the delivery of health care in Australia. The Australian Nursing Federation (ANF) is said to be involved in representing nurses and midwives in the national patient charter of rights by the...
- A fair go for our public hospitals. // Australian Nursing Journal;Jun2001, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p1
Deals with the financing issue surrounding public hospitals and Medicare in Australia . Issues the Australian Nursing Federation is raising with political parties; Public officials supporting the public health system; Reason for the excellent health system in Australia.
- Action demanded on nursing shortages. // Australian Nursing Journal;Sep99, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the nursing shortages in Victoria. Implications of the shortage crises on the state's health services; Information on the 1996 Australian Nurses Foundation survey on the shortages of specialist nurses.
- Nurses back professional recognition for ATSI health workers. // Australian Nursing Journal;Dec99/Jan2000, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p8
Deals with the support of the Australian Nursing Federation to the effort by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) health workers for greater professional recognition and education. Role of ATSI health workers in the improvement of health care outcomes among indigenous Australians;...