Teach employees about money
- SAA AT NEA. // Spectra;Oct1969, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p5
This article provides information on a program on oracy and literacy sponsored by the National Education Association in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1969.
- Should You Improve Consumers' Financial Literacy? Mitchel, James O. // LIMRA's MarketFacts Quarterly;Spring2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p37
Reflects on consumer's financial literacy. Result of a lack of financial knowledge; Factors that have increased the concern about financial literacy; List of organizations that offer financial literacy training programs; Impact of financial education programs on employees.
- FIRMS SHOULD TRAIN OR FACE FINES. // Adults Learning;Dec2004, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p5
Presents the result of a national survey on the reliability of employers in taking the responsibility for improving the skills of their workforce conducted by the Association of Colleges in Great Britain. Percentage of respondents who favored imposing fines to companies which fail to train...
- NAED INTRODUCES TRAIN-THE-TRAINER. // Electrical Wholesaling;Apr2004, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the development of the Electrical Products Education Course (EPEC) Train-the-Trainer resource to help companies manage an effective EPEC training program for their employees by the NAED Education & Research Foundation in the U.S. Benefits offered by the program; Statement of Michelle...
- The Progress of Literacy. Vincent, David // Victorian Studies;Spring2003, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p405
Discusses the role of the Universal Postal Union in the development of literacy. Background of the organization; Details on the publication of official literacy statistics and the construction of national education systems; Information on European project in literacy.
- Doing: SmartBusiness. Buitrago, Yudit // Training & Development in Australia;Aug2011, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p8
The article offers insights into the design and building of SmartBusiness, finalist in the Australian Institute of Training and Development's (AITD) 2010 National Training Excellence Awards for Organisational Learning Effectiveness. The program was built by Learning and Development (L&D) and...
- Training by staff, for staff. // NEA Today;Sep94, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p16
Presents the tactics of the Missouri-based Pattonville Support-National Education Association (PSNEA) in providing professional development to its school staff members. Formation of a 12-member support staff development committee to represent support workers such as bus drivers and custodians;...
- The European Community and Professional Journalism Training. Reus, Gunter; Becker, Lee B. // Journalism Educator;Winter93, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p4
This article discusses prospects of professional journalism training in Europe. Journalism education in Europe is entering a new phase of collaboration and potential standardization. This phase, which in some ways parallels earlier developments in the United States, also provides alternative...
- Why e-learning affects us all. // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Apr/May2005, Issue 46, p24
The article reports that electronic-learning is the dynamic education vehicle of the time and all managers must think carefully about its implications. Importantly the employees of the future, can contribute much to electronic-learning strategy development today by being consulted in the...