On building walls or opening doors
- Congress Planning to Defund UN as Critics Seek Full Withdrawal. NEWMAN, ALEX // New American (08856540);1/23/2017, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p44
The article focuses on the disagreement of the U.S. federal government to the United Nations (UN) Security Council Resolution 2334 concerning the Jewish presence in Jerusalem and an area known as Judea and Samaria. Topics include the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama, President-elect...
- Inside Washington. // National Journal;7/27/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 30, preceding p2219
Presents various political and social updates in the U.S. as of July 2002. Details of the political career of Democrat Rahm Emanuel of Chicago, Illinois; Description of the building of environmental group Defenders of Wildlife.
- Reassessing and Reaffirming Value. Svara, James H. // PA Times;Nov2000, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p3
Comments on the need to understand the importance of council-manager system of government in the United States. Shifts in patterns of administrative interaction under the system; Factors to consider in making changes for adopting the system.
- VOTE! // Dirt Bike;Nov2000, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p36
Presents news items related to politics in the United States as of November 2000. Legislations related to dirt bikes; Senate seats available for Republicans; Campaign of Bill Clinton and Al Gore in the 92 elections.
- Cameras in polling places, free media for candidates. Varoga, Craig // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Dec2002/Jan2003, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p92
Gives advice on political campaigning and practical politics in the U.S. Rules on cameras in polling places; Legality of strict rules by local television stations regarding the content of political advertising; Management of a news story that contains a false allegation about a candidate.
- Is Government Too Political? Blinder, Alan S. // Foreign Affairs;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p115
Discusses the sentiment of the American public against their government. How the sentiment is a reflection of public's perception that the government has become to political; Discussion of the political system in the United States.
- Life in the 90's. Golway, Terry // America;4/11/1998, Vol. 178 Issue 12, p4
Opinion. Focuses on the demands of the political profession in the United States. Evaluation on the number of interested individuals who are willing to become political aspirants; Lack of candidates for Congressional campaigns; Reasons for the shortage of American talents suited to fill in...
- What made the government grow. Weisberger, Bernard A. // American Heritage;Sep97, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p34
Analyzes what made the United States government grow in size and costs from 18th century to the 20th century. How the number of government offices increased from the time of President George Washington to the 21st century; Federal spending; Federal civilian payroll; Percentage of bureaucrats;...
- America: A democracy or republic? Williams, Armstrong // New York Amsterdam News;11/05/98, Vol. 89 Issue 45, p8
Comments on whether the United States has a democratic or republic form of government. Definition of terms; Republicanism as the prevailing philosophy at the time of the Constitutional Convention in 1789; Alexander Hamilton's support for Democracy; Establishment of a mercantile republic by the...