- MANUFACTERERS' REPRESENTATIVES DIRECTORY. // Laser Focus World;Mar2013 Buyer's Guide, p395
A directory for global laser manufacturers' representatives is presented.
- IMTS attendees say lasers are better than ever. // Modern Machine Shop;Sep97, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p351
Presents the results of a survey of user attitudes towards laser processing technologies conducted by the Laser Systems Product Group of the Association for Manufacturing Technology at the 1996 International Manufacturing Technology Show held in Chicago, Illinois.
- Me seeing him, seeing me, seeing him. Belforte, David A. // Industrial Laser Solutions;Sep2004, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p40
Presents an author's experience while visiting laser system manufacturers in South Korea. Discussion on his trip to the Korean Demilitarized Zone; Identification of industrial manufacturing as the wedge to crack the North Korean isolationist mentality; Recognition of the South Korean...
- Laser activity heats up in China. Belforte, David A. // Industrial Laser Solutions;Aug2004, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p14
Discusses the growing demand for industrial laser processing products in China. Consideration for the rapid development of the Chinese economy in less than a decade; Laser system application in Chinese industries; Export prospects for the country's industrial laser suppliers.
- A country on the go. Belforte, David A. // Industrial Laser Solutions;Aug2004, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p52
Focuses on the laser industry in the People's Republic of China. Consideration for the rapid development of the Chinese economy in less than a decade; Growing demand for laser processing products to be used in manufacturing and scientific research; Development of low-power Nd-YAG and carbon...
- Is smaller better? Belforte, David A. // Industrial Laser Solutions;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p32
In this article, the author reflects on the Laser World of Photonics trade show, which included seven panels, four forums, and three special product exhibits, held in Munich, Germany in May 2011. The author emphasizes the strategy of many laser manufacturing companies to reduce workforce...
- Calendar. // Industrial Laser Solutions;Jun2006, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p31
The article presents a calendar of events related to industrial lasers. The First International Conference on Rapid Manufacturing will be held on July 5-6, 2006 at the Loughborough University in England. The 2nd Advanced Laser Applications Information Exchange will be held on August 29-30, 2006...
- LASERS, A PRACTICAL TOOL FOR INSPECTION. Koelsch, James R. // Quality;Nov2005, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p30
Focuses on the prevalent use of lasers in manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Benefits of the technology for the industry; Identification of commonly used laser tools; Disadvantages of scanners.
- Marking time on a sleepy day. Belforte, David A. // Industrial Laser Solutions;Jul2006, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p36
The article focuses on Eastec, the largest manufacturing show on the East Coast. It was organized by the Small and Medium-sized Enterprise about 25 years ago. This year 2006, more than 14,000 attendees participated in the event. Laser exhibits have increased in the past few years and more than...