- Rural Newfoundland no longer Canada's `AIDS capital.' Ryan, Beth // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;04/21/98, Vol. 158 Issue 8, p1005
Discusses the AIDS cases in the rural area in Newfoundland called Conception Bay North as of April 1998. When the Red Cross stopped collecting blood from local donors; The effectiveness of partner notification and contact tracing, according to Dr. Catherine Donovan, medical officer with the...
- AIDS in Africa: A personal experience. Rashid, Meb // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;04/21/98, Vol. 158 Issue 8, p1051
Discusses the author's experience of AIDS in Africa as a medical student. The case of a patient nicknamed Winnie and Tendai; Challenges the author faced; Technical challenges inherent in practicing at the Luisa Guidotti Hospital.
- Understanding AIDS. // World Almanac for Kids;1996, p113
Provides information about AIDS. Ways that children and adults can contract the disease; Ways to avoid getting the disease; Other details including the search for a cure.
- Understanding AIDS. // World Almanac for Kids;1998, p111
Discusses the disease known as Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). What the disease is; How children get AIDS; How adults get AIDS; Ways in which children and adults do not get AIDS; Whether there is a cure for the disease.
- AIDS conference held in Senegal. // Africa Report;Jan/Feb92, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the Sixth International Conference on AIDS in Africa, held in Dakar, Senegal, December 1991. Comments from Michael H. Merson, director of the World Health Organization's (WHO) Global Program on AIDS; Statistics on AIDS in Africa for the next decade; Changing human sexual behavior as...
- Architects and Aids. // Architectural Record;May1992, Vol. 180 Issue 5, p27
Announces that one out of every $30 donated by private groups for AIDS research, prevention, and treatment has been given by Design Industries Foundation for AIDS (DIFFA). Tells where to send DIFFA contributions.
- The geography of AIDS. Gould, Peter; Kabel, Joseph // Atlantic (02769077);Jan93, Vol. 271 Issue 1, p90
Describes efforts to follow and predict the AIDS epidemic using maps. AIDS cases and geographic study; Diffusion of AIDS in Ohio; `Heirarchical diffusion'; Using maps with a predictive capability in epidemiology; More.
- AIDS Hysteria Strikes New York City. Freiberg, Peter // Advocate;10/15/85, Issue 431, p13
Reports on the 'climate of hysteria' that has developed in New York City due to the spread of AIDS. Results of nationwide poll on AIDS; AIDS-related incidents; City government policies on AIDS.
- Brazil Begins AIDS Education. Dwyer, Sandy; Brooke, Aslan // Advocate;10/15/85, Issue 431, p23
Reports on the Brazilian government's AIDS education campaign. Distribution of pamphlets describing AIDS symptoms; AIDS cases in Brazil; Statement of Brazilian health minister Carlos Santana; Anti-AIDS volunteer action.
- AIDS in Southeast Asia. Gill, Ernest // Advocate;10/15/85, Issue 431, p23
Reports on AIDS cases in Thailand and Indonesia. Number of AIDS cases in Thailand; First official acknowledgment of the presence of AIDS in Indonesia.