Doubts Over Elections Continue
- Poll Cheers GOP's Perdue. Shipp, Bill // Georgia Trend;May2002, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p14
Reports political developments of the Grand Old Party (GOP) in Georgia. Vulnerability of political candidate Roy Barnes; Receipt of the Creighton W. Abrams Medal by Senator Max Cleland from the Association of the United States Army; Supporters of the bid for re-election by District...
- Political party bosses are a dying breed. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/6/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 24, p43A
Comments on political party bosses in the United States. Proof of how influential town supervisors can be; Dying breed of political party bosses; Election strategies.
- Drawing Up a List. Rendón, Joel Estudillo // Business Mexico;Jun2003, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p20
Presents the political parties that have registered their candidates for 2003 summer elections with the Federal Electoral Institute in Mexico. Institutional Revolutionary Party; National Action Party; Party of the Democratic Revolution.
- Republicans in NY Senate fear Democratic coattails. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;10/9/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p4
Reports the concerns of Republican Party candidates for the senatorial elections in New York. Speculations on the leadership of the senate; Issues to be affected by a Democratic majority; Details on the strategies of Republican Party candidates; Data on monetary support of political parties.
- Democrats stretch the electoral map with bid for gains in House and Senate. Blake, Aaron // Hill;7/15/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 81, p28
The article reports on the competition of U.S. Democrats and Republicans for their party list.
- Once again, the Democrats are in disarray. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/13/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 25, p39A
Explores the problems facing Democrats in the U.S. Having nine presidential candidates searching for a theme that will resonate with the voters; Minority candidates seeking to wear the mantle of Jessie Jackson; Preparations made by Democrats for primary contests in the town of Hempstead and in...
- Tamil group to run in provincial council elections. SLEE, CHRIS // Green Left Weekly;8/14/2013, Issue 977, p18
The article informs that the Tamil National Alliance (TNA), a political party representing Tamils in parliament of Srilanka, has selected 36 candidates to contest for elections of the Northern Provincial Council which was held in September 21, 2013.
- There's a fraction too much factionalism. Trioli, Virginia // Bulletin with Newsweek;09/14/99, Vol. 117 Issue 6191, p54
Discusses the detrimental impact of factionalism on the Australian Labor Party, the opposition political party of Victoria. Inability to field electable candidates in the Victorian elections due to factional skirmishes within the party; Divisive and disloyal behavior among party members.
- Early Start to Splurge. // India Today;11/14/2011, p47
The article reports on the move by Indian political parties to announce their lists of candidates for the Assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh, India in 2012 in an attempt to beat the election spending rules of the Election Commission (EC).