Global Environmental Concepts
- Carbon Dioxide--The Only Cause of Global Warming? Tierney, Kathleen // Pollution Engineering;Nov2000, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p12
Focuses on the contribution of greenhouse gases (GHG) to the global warming. Examples of non-carbon dioxide GHG causing rapid warming; Sources of methane gases affecting the climate; Effect of ocean temperatures on climate changes; Impact of population expansion on energy requirement; Benefits...
- The Use of Global Warming Potentials in the Kyoto Protocol. Lashof, Daniel A. // Climatic Change;Mar2000, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p423
Editorial. Asserts that there are flaws in the global warming potentials (GWPs) adopted for use in the Kyoto Protocol. Probability that total human welfare will be maximized; Need for the re-examination of the technical and policy choices underlying GWPs; Basic difficulties that will be...
- The Jury Is Still Out on Global Warming Potentials. O'Neill, Brian C. // Climatic Change;Mar2000, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p427
Editorial. Comments on questions pertaining to Global Warming Potentials (GWPs). Expectations; Evaluations of GWP performance; Alternatives.
- Global Environmental Concepts. // Mali Country Review;2010, p119
The article offers information on some global environmental concepts including global warming, greenhouse gases, and air pollution.
- Global Environmental Concepts. // Grenada Country Review;2011, p187
The article provides global environmental concepts on global warming and greenhouse gases, air pollution, ozone depletion, land degradation, and water resources.
- Global Environmental Concepts. // Palau Country Review;2012, p181
The article focuses on several concepts concerning global environment including the connection between greenhouse gas emission and global warming, the association of sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxides to the development of acid rain, and desertification.
- Delegates Have Trouble Establishing Ground Rules for the Kyoto Protocol. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/15/99, Vol. 256 Issue 20, p5
Reports on the United Nations' conference on global warming. Conclusion about the meaningful progress on reducing greenhouse gas emissions; Remarks from Glenn Kelly, executive director of the Global Climate Coalition; Terms under the incomplete 1997 Kyoto agreement.
- Global Environmental Concepts. // Lesotho Country Review;2010, p106
The article offers information on the global environmental perceptions in global warming and greenhouse gases, air pollution, and ozone depletion.
- Global Environmental Concepts. // Australia Country Review;2009, p125
The article provides information about global environmental change which focuses on the effects of global warming due to the emissions of greenhouse gases.