North Korea: Reforms And Stability
- The Link between Remittances and Economic Growth in Pakistan: A Boon to Economic Stability. Khathlan, Khalid Al // British Journal of Management & Economics;Jul-Sep2012, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p167
This paper adopted the autoregressive distributed lag (ARDL) test and the error correction model (ECM) techniques to establish the long-run and short -run relationship between worker remittances and economic growth in Pakistan during the period 1976-2010. The results demonstrate the existence of...
- Current Account Is Main Risk. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia, CIS & Baltics Monitor;May2003, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p11
In this article the IMF concluded that the principal risk to macroeconomic stability in Latvia is the persistently large current account deficit. The trade deficit has been exacerbated in recent years by weaker external demand for Latvian exports and soaring domestic demand for imports. The...
- The Economic Environment in Albania, Bulgaria, Macedonia FYR, and Greece. Minassian, Garabed // Eastern European Economics;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p45
Examines the economic environment of selected Balkan economies namely, Albania, Bulgaria, Macedonia FYR and Greece. Comparison of nominal and purchasing power parity gross domestic product; Factors influencing economic growth; Overview of economic stabilization and macroeconomic policy; Focus...
- Economic Overview. // Mauritius Country Review;2013, p89
The article offers information on economic conditions of Mauritius with mention of gross domestic product (GDP), fiscal and foreign direct investment (FDI).
- Determinants of FDI in BRICS Countries: A panel analysis. Vijayakumar, Narayanamurthy; Sridharan, Perumal; Rao, Kode Chandra Sekhara // International Journal of Business Science & Applied Management;Jul2010, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p1
This study examines the factors determining FDI inflows of BRICS countries using annual dataset from the period 1975 to 2007 (for Russia required data set is available from 1990 onwards). The study employs Panel data analysis and finds that the selected variables Market size, Labour cost,...
- ECONOMIC SURVEY -- 2000-01: -an overview. // Economic Review (05318955);Jun2001, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p6
Outlines the economic progress of Pakistan for the fiscal year 2000-2001. Stabilization program for the economy; Growth of the gross domestic product of the country; Implementation of infrastructural projects; Recovery of the country from natural disaster.
- RISK SUMMARY: BARBADOS. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Dec2010, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p2
The article presents a summary of country risk for Barbados as of December 2010 including the economic recovery of the island, real gross domestic product (GDP) growth and the factors which prevent inter-regional trade.
- Data and Descriptive Statistics for Estonia and Slovenia. Vahter, Priit // University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics & Business Administra;2004, Issue 32, p17
Provides data and descriptive statistics based on panel databases of Slovenian and Estonian enterprises of manufacturing industries. Gross domestic product levels of the two countries; Foreign direct investment (FDI) inflows from 1998 to 2002; Statistics on the share of FDI.
- INDIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;Jul2011, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p2
The article offers information on the political, economic, and business risk in India including the 2012 state election results for the new Indian National Congress (INC), the maintenance of 7.8% real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) economic forecast in fiscal year 2011-2012, and the launch of a...