- The Way of the North. Davies, Phil // Region (10453369);Sep2009, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p30
The article presents an overview of the Canadian banking system. Reported as being conservative, the country's banking institutions have been praised for their stability and avoidance of massive bailouts that are reported in the U.S., Great Britain, and other countries. Reasons cited include...
- Why should banks be free to create credit out of thin air? Stanford, Jim // CCPA Monitor;Dec2011, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p24
The article presents the author's view on the issue of bailouts involving banks in Canada. The author mentions the effort of Canadian Finance Minister Jim Flaherty and other officials in the implementation of the Extraordinary Financing Framework (EFF) program to help Canadian banks to buy back...
- Lobbyists try to make bailout easier to swallow. Brush, Silla // Hill;1/14/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p15
The article reports on the refusal of the lawmakers in the U.S. to support the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) for the struggling business enterprises in 2009.
- The Boston Globe. // Hill;2/13/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p14
The article offers information on the government bailouts to the U.S. financial sectors.
- November shares rally. Sleight, Chris // International Cranes & Specialized Transport;Dec2010, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on the bailout of 118 billion US dollars received by Ireland from other members of the European Union (EU) to cover liabilities in the nationalized banking sector in the country.
- Blame game on Fannie and Freddie. Youngman, Sam; Rushing, J. Taylor // Hill;9/9/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 101, p1
The article reports that the White House blamed the U.S. Congress for the bailout of President George W. Bush administration of mortgage companies, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- The bailout. Budowsky, Brent // Hill;9/9/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 101, p33
The article focuses on the corruption behind the government bailout of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in the U.S. and its effects on the American taxpayers.
- Bailout backlash. Budowsky, Brent // Hill;12/17/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 134, p30
The author reflects on the issues concerning the bailout program in the U.S.
- Taking the lead. // Hill;10/1/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 114, p22
The author reflects on the failure for the approval of the Wall Street bailout bill or financial rescue package bill in the U.S. Congress.