- LOCATIONS. McClenahen, John S. // Industry Week/IW;Jun2002, Vol. 251 Issue 5, p76
Reports on the assembly and manufacturing plant built by Hyundai Motor Co. in Montgomery, Alabama. Significance of the plant; Corporate and production strategy of Hyundai; Overview of the community in Montgomery.
- Correction. // Automotive News;5/16/2011, Vol. 85 Issue 6464, p3
A correction to the article regarding the production schedule at the factory of Hyundai Motor Co. in Montgomery, Alabama, that was published in the May 9, 2011 issue is presented.
- Alabama plant presents Hyundai with a challenge. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;4/8/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5978, p3
Reports on the challenges faced by a Hyundai Motor Co. plant in Alabama. Level of the cost of production; Attainment of consumer quality expectations; Challenge of operating a U.S. plant on the same cost structure as a Korean factory.
- Hyundai Motor Co. Begins Construction of Third Plant in China. // Welding Journal;Jan2011, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p14
The article reports that Hyundai Motor Co. has started the construction of a 400,000 unit per year plant located in the Shunyi District of Beijing, China.
- Hyundai eyes plant in Europe. Wright, Chris // Automotive News Europe;07/17/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 15, p1
Reports the plan of Hyundai Motor Co. to build assembly plants in Europe and North America. Reason for planning to build additional assembly plants; Volume of vehicles sold by the company in western Europe in 1999; Lesson learned by Hyundai on plant location.
- Hyundai wants a plant in the east. Wright, Chris // Automotive News Europe;1/27/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the intention of Hyundai Motor Group to build its first assembly plant in Europe. Factors attributed to the intention of the company to open an assembly plant in Europe; Location of other international plant announced by the company.
- Once burned here, Hyundai looks at North American plant through new eyes. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;4/9/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5924, p9N
Reports that South Korea-based car company Hyundai Motor plans to build a car factory in the United States as of April 9, 2001. Background on the company's U.S. operations during the 1980s; Problems faced by the company with its car factory in Quebec.
- Hyundai first to cut output as stocks rise. Gadacz, Oles // Automotive News;4/21/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5709, p16
Reports on production rollbacks at Hyundai Motor Co. automobile plants in South Korea. Rising inventories of unsold cars; Elimination of two hours of compulsory overtime per shift; Effect of reduction on production of Accent, Elantra and Sonata cars; Conversion of Hyundai's domestic lines to...
- Hyundai wants a plant in Europe. Johnson, Richard // Automotive News Europe;11/5/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p1
Announces the plan of Hyundai Motor Co. to build a car assembly plant in Europe. Details on the expansion plans of Hyundai; Information on a task force to be formed by Hyundai in relation to its expansion plans; Sales performance of the company in Europe as of September 2001.
- Hyundai Favors Kentucky, Alabama. // Ward's Auto World;Apr2002, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the search for a North American plant site by Korean automobile manufacturer Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd., as of April 2002. Information on locations in Kentucky and Alabama being considered by Hyundai; Advantages and features offered by the locations; Background on automobile plants in...