- ABSTINENCE-ONLY SEX EDUCATION IS NOT ENOUGH. // USA Today Magazine;Jan2001, Vol. 129 Issue 2668, p7
Focuses on the results of a study conducted by The Alan Guttmacher Institute which focused on sexual education teachers in the United States.
- Gay sex help for youngsters. White, Robert // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/1/93, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p28
Describes the wallet-sized cards being distributed to Bellerose Composite and Paul Kane High School students that contain information on an Edmonton Gay and Lesbian Information Line and information on groups supporting abortion. Cards manufactured by the St. Albert's Pregnancy Help Association;...
- No sex is the safest sex. Hazelwood, Kim // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/19/93, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p26
States the Alberta school boards of Red Deer, County of Camrose and County of Lethbridge have voted to offer Teen-Ed as a supplement to or replacement for the liberal Alberta Education sex education program, which assumes many students will indulge in premarital sex. Teen-Ed encourages kids to...
- Surprising tips for sharpening your sexual skills. Haze, Dolores // Cosmopolitan;Feb1993, Vol. 214 Issue 2, p84
Gives tips on how to sharpen your sexual skills. How to intensify orgasms; Sex books and videos to help tune-up sexual techniques.
- Sex education for parents. // Children Today;Jul/Aug85, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p11
While the results of sexuality education programs for parents are not always tangible, educators and researchers agree that the enhanced family communication that often stems from participation in such programs does have an impact on children's sexual behavior.
- Conflict over sex education. // Commonweal;4/10/87, Vol. 114 Issue 8, p206
The New York City Board of Education voted to require every public school to implement a sex education program based on the revised curriculum, `Family Living Including Sex Education.' The Catholic Archdiocese of New York opposes the curriculum because it is value neutral, not teaching definite...
- Untitled. DeMoya, Dorothy; Begany, Timothy // RN;Jan93, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p77
Gives answers to questions relating to sex. Condoms for women; Improvement in semen quality during winter; Vaginal candidiasis as a possible sign of HIV infection; Early puberty; Improvement of male infertility by varicocele ligation.
- Distributing condoms in high school. Quinn, J.R. // America;11/2/1991, Vol. 165 Issue 13, p320
Disagrees with the plans of superintendents of schools in San Francisco and New York to distribute free condoms to high school students without the consent or knowledge of their parents. Gives misleading messages to teenagers; Assumes youth not capable of abstinence; Comparison to `Just say no!'...
- Sex ed for grown-ups. Karbo, Karen // Redbook;Nov93, Vol. 182 Issue 1, p62
Discusses a couple's attempts to improve their sex life by means of instructional sex videos. Tapes' promises of education in sex; Problem of using real people in tapes; Distractions; Detailing of sexual roadblocks; Repetition and lectures of self-evident information; Dependence of the...
- Reducing the risk of teen sex. Hayes, L. // Phi Delta Kappan;Mar92, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p567
Discusses a December 1991 report from the Alan Guttmacher Institute dealing with a new sex education curriculum. `Reducing the Risk,' being used in 13 California high schools; Course delayed beginning of sexual intercourse among students not sexually active; Parents supported program; Findings...