- Economic Policy: Fiscal Policy and Outlook. // Japan Country Monitor;Mar2012, p14
The article reports on the economic policy in Japan particularly in fiscal policy in which the national debt has increased.
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Situation - Recent Developments. // Japan Country Monitor;Feb2012, p15
The article offers developments related to the fiscal environment and economic policy of Japan.
- Achieving fiscal sustainability in Japan. // OECD Economic Surveys: Japan;Apr2011, Vol. 2011 Issue 17, p43
With gross government debt surpassing 200% of GDP, Japan's fiscal situation is in uncharted territory. Correcting years of rising debt will require a large and sustained effort. A detailed and credible multi-year fiscal consolidation plan that includes both spending cuts and revenue increases...
- Avoiding a Great Depression but Getting a Great Recession. MacLean, Brian K. // International Journal of Political Economy;Spring2006, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p84
No abstract available.
- Executive summary. // OECD Economic Surveys: Japan;Sep2009, Vol. 2009 Issue 18, p8
The article suggests measures that the Japanese government should take to improve its economy in 2009 following the global economic crisis. It recommends ending initiatives aimed at boosting credit flows and stabilization of the financial market once the economy recovers to prevent their...
- Overcoming the global crisis: the need for a new growth model. // OECD Economic Surveys: Japan;Sep2009, Vol. 2009 Issue 18, p21
Despite its limited direct exposure to the global financial crisis, Japan's export-dependent economy has fallen into its deepest recession of the post-war era. Prompt actions to stabilise financial markets, provide a large fiscal stimulus and cut interest rates are projected to lead to positive...
- Blowing Up Japan's Economy to Save it: Abenomics Two Years On. McNeill, David // Global Asia;Winter2014, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p18
The article offers a look at the economic challenges facing Japan as of December 2014. Topics covered include the economic prospects of the return of Shinzo Abe as prime minister in 2012, the immediate effects of his policy on fiscal, monetary and reform for national growth, and the ability of...
- Fiscal Adjustment in Transition. Purfield, Catriona // Emerging Markets Finance & Trade;Jan2003, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p43
Reveals the factors important in determining the success of fiscal adjustments in transition economies. Size and composition of the adjustments; Comparison between policies that focused on expenditure and those that relied on revenue increases; Result of fiscal stimulus attempted in the 1990s.
- Real Money. Martin, Felix // New Statesman;5/31/2013, Vol. 142 Issue 5160, p21
The author offers opinions on international economic relations and economic policy in Japan and Great Britain. Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of Japan is praised for introducing a policy in which both fiscal and monetary policy will be used to increase economic development by increasing the money...