International organization and the theory of property rights
- Abstracts. // International Organization;Summer86, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p596
The article presents abstracts of the research papers published in the June 1, 1986 issue of the journal International Organization. Research paper "International human rights: a regime analysis," by Jack Donnelly examines the utility of regime analysis in noneconomic issue-areas, and assess the...
- O subsistema americano, Rio Branco e o ABC. Conduru, Gulherme Fraz�o // Revista Brasileira de Polï¿½tica Internacional;dic1998, p59
The article discusses the motivations and purposes that lead Brazil to take part in negotiations with Argentina and Chile, between 1907 and 1915, to sign a treaty of "friendly political intelligence", known as ABC. In order to place this initiative in the international context of the period, the...
- FOREIGN RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Denmark;Jul2005, p8
Provides information on foreign relations of Denmark. Basis for the establishment of foreign policy; Activeness in international efforts to integrate the countries of central and eastern Europe into the West; Proactiveness in endorsing and implementing counter-terrorism measures.
- FOREIGN RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Mauritius;Aug2005, p4
Provides information on the foreign relations of the island of Mauritius as of August 2005. Description of the relationship of Mauritius with India and African countries; Organizations involving Mauritius; Factors influencing Mauritian foreign policy.
- CHINA AND THE BALANCE OF POWER. Scalapino, Robert A. // Foreign Affairs;Jan1974, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p349
This article focuses on the contradictory elements of power and weakness that manifest the unique qualities of China, and shape Chinese attitudes and policies in the international arena. Most of the critical problems confronting other emerging states are present in China, exacerbated in certain...
- FOREIGN RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Sao Tome & Principe;Oct2005, p6
Provides information on the international relations of Sao Tome and Principe. Expansion of diplomatic relationships; Basis for foreign policy.
- U.S.-POLISH RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Poland;April 2005, p15
This article presents information related to the relations between Poland and the U.S. The U.S. established diplomatic relations with the newly formed Polish Republic in April 1919. However, during the 1960's, reversion to a policy of full and unquestioning support for Soviet foreign policy...
- TPQ ROUNDTABLE: THE EVOLVING RELATIONS OF TURKEY AND ISRAEL. // Turkish Policy Quarterly;Summer2013, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p179
On 2 July 2013, Turkish Policy Quarterly (TPQ) and the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Liberty (FNF) hosted a roundtable discussion titled "The Evolving Relations of Turkey and Israel". The roundtable aimed to foster debate from diverse perspectives on the evolution of bilateral relations and...
- FOREIGN RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Democratic Republic ;Sep2005, p7
Focuses on the foreign policy of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). Factors that enable Congo to garner support from the West; Cause of the crisis in the DRC.