- GLOSSARY. Santella, Andrew // French & Indian War (0-7565-0613-1);2004, p42
The article presents a glossary of terms used in the book The French and Indian War. Some words, such as, alliances, which means agreements between nations or groups to assist each other in military operations, ammunition, which means bullets, powder and other material used in the firing of a...
- WANT TO KNOW MORE? Santella, Andrew // French & Indian War (0-7565-0613-1);2004, p46
The article provides information sources related to the French and Indian War from 1755 to 1763, between France and Great Britain. Addresses of several libraries has been provided in the article. Some of the books related to the war are The French and Indian War: 1660-1763, by Christopher...
- The War That Made America: A Short History of the French and Indian War. Wayman, Matthew J. // Library Journal;11/1/2005, Vol. 130 Issue 18, p96
This article reviews the book "The War That Made America: A Short History of the French and Indian War," by Fred Anderson.
- FRONTIER FORT LIFE. Strum, Richard M. // Cobblestone;Sep2005, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on the life of U.S. armies in frontier forts during the French and Indian war in the 18th century.
- BooKS To READ. // Cobblestone;Sep2005, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p44
Presents an overview of books about the French and Indian war including "George Washington Remembers: Reflections on the French & Indian War," edited by Fred Anderson and "The French and Indian war," by Benton and Louise Minks.
- ON THE WEB AND PLACES TO VISIT. // Cobblestone;Sep2005, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p44
Presents a list of Web sites that tell the story of the French and Indian War.
- `JOIN, or DIE'. COPELAND, DAVID // Journalism History;Autumn98, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p112
Describes the role of the press in the United States during the French and Indian War. News reaching the `Pennsylvania Gazette' that had been troublesome to Benjamin Franklin; Pivotal period for the colonies of British colonial America; Press' role in the Stamp Act crisis; Information on the...
- Contest for empire. // Cobblestone;Apr91, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p4
Presents an overview of the territorial wars that took place between England and France on the North American continent between 1689 and 1763, particularly the war that began in 1754. Different types of power; Indian alliances; Anglo, French, and Indian war.
- Attack on Fort William Henry. Calkins, V. // Cobblestone;Apr91, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p32
Relates the battle for Fort William Henry fought between the British and the French and their Indian allies, under General Louis Montcalm. Surrender of English; Problems with Indians. INSET: Untitled, (Montcalm's personal aide).;Friends to the Indians, by.