On Set Noise Investigation: A Guide to Better Sound
- Local pix get boost. Cajueiro, Marcelo // Daily Variety;7/14/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the agreement which allow Brazilian public and private motion picture companies to screen their locally made films in Argentina, Chile, Peru and Mexico.
- Updated Kodak Guide. // BKSTS Journal;Jun1985, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p388
The article reports on the release of Kodak Ltd.'s updated guide entitled "Eastman Films for the motion picture cameraman" in Great Britain. The guide provides information in a convenient form, covering black and white, color negatives and color reversal films. Details of exposure, illumination...
- Accent on Presentation. Pulmam, R. E. // British Kinematography;May1959, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p121
The article shares the author's insights on the British Kinematograph Society Picture Presentation Committee in Great Britain. The Committee is widely representative of the motion picture industry because it concerns with good picture presentation standards. The author said that it is true that...
- Speed Dating. Vivarelli, Nick // Variety;9/29/2015, Vol. 329 Issue 12, p89
The article discusses Italy's International Audiovisual Market (MIA) and its launch of the Make It With Italy initiative, which is dedicated to films from outside Italy and focuses on ensuring that market activity in Rome, Italy has a long-term impact on the Italian film industry.
- WHEN LINES BLUR. // Millimeter;Oct2003, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p9
Comments on the art of filmmaking. Collaboration of art formation; Processes of developing film negative and printing to celluloid; Interplay of a film laboratory; Permanency of mistakes in the manual process.
- Short cuts. Schofield, Nell // Bulletin with Newsweek;5/6/2003, Vol. 121 Issue 6371, p12
his article focuses on a show of short motion pictures shot by amateurs held in May 2003 in Australia. On the program were 13 shorts each shot during a time of gay abandon between 1966 and 1973 when a bunch of excitable Sydney residents got their hands on some 16mm Bolex cameras and started an...
- New Year, New Secret Agent Man. // Back Stage (1946-5440);1/3/2013, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p20
In this article the author discusses the film industry in 2013.
- Journal of the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers. // British Kinematography;Sep1955, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p87
The article presents abstracts of related to the motion pictures industry in Great Britain. They include "Color Television vs. Color Motion Pictures," by Donald G. Fink, "A Compatible Photographic Stereophonic Sound System," by John G. Frayne, and "Stereophonic Sound Reproduction Enhancement...
- Welcome to the inaugural Vendors' Guide for Cinema Owners. // Inside Film;Aug/Sept2012, Issue 148, p30
The article offers information on the inaugural Vendors' Guide for Cinema Owners.