DECEMBER 2, 1832
- 100 Things Every Polish American Should Do. // Polish American Journal;Jan2011, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p20
The article presents a list of things that Polish Americans should do as an effort to remember Polish heritage created by the journal to promote its 100th anniversary.
- You Go, Oprah! Poniewaz, Edward // Polish American Journal;Sep2013, Vol. 102 Issue 9, p10
In this article, the author reflects his thoughts related to the use of the word Polak by the polish people in the U.S.
- Hazleton Polonaise Society To Hold Wigilia. // Polish American Journal;Dec2013, Vol. 102 Issue 12, p28
The article informs that the U.S.-based polish Greater Hazleton Area Polonaise Society will hold its 37th Annual Wigilia event on December 8, 2013 in Hazleton, Pennsylvania.
- Is our Polonia Doomed to Extinction? // Polish American Journal;Sep2013, Vol. 102 Issue 9, p2
In this article, the author reflects his thoughts on the emigration of polish people from Poland to the U.S. and effects on the social and economical condition of Poland due to these emigrations.
- Polish immigration to America: Before and after the fall of the Berlin Wall. Gory, Duane E. // Polish Review;1995, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p73
Examines Polish immigration to the United States before and after the fall of the Berlin Wall on November 9, 1989. Analysis of the increase of immigration after the Berlin Wall's demise; Changes in the US immigration policy: Data on Polish immigration.
- THE CULTURAL ADJUSTMENT OF THE POLISH GROUP IN THE CITY OF BUFFALO: AN EXPERIMENT IN THE TECHNIQUE OF SOCIAL INVESTIGATION. Carpenter, Niles; Katz, Daniel // Social Forces;Sep27, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p76
This article determines how far the sociological imponderables were subject to objective and quantitative treatment using the cultural adjustment of the Polish group in Buffalo, New York as a subject. Two types of schedules were employed, a family schedule and an individual schedule, the latter...
- What a Great Summer! Zotkiewicz-Dramczyk, Margaret // Polish American Journal;Sep2013, Vol. 102 Issue 9, p11
A personal narrative is presented, which explores the authors experience of attending the 39th annual Polka Fireworks that was held in Seven Springs, Pennsylvania from July 5- 7, 2013.
- Cheektowaga Festival One of Nation's Finest. Pinkowski, Barbara // Polish American Journal;Sep2013, Vol. 102 Issue 9, p12
The article offers information on the Cheektowaga Polish American Heritage Festival that was held in Buffalo, New York on July 19, 2013 and presents an obituary for a Polish American Rita Kasprzyk and also offers information on the Buffalo Polka Boosters Club picnic that was held on July 2, 2013.
- Lira Holiday Concerts in Pittsburgh and Chicago. // Polish American Journal;Dec2013, Vol. 102 Issue 12, p28
The article previews the two concerts titled "Polish Carols, Song & Dance" of Polish singer and dancer Lira Ensemble in Illinois on December 1, 2013 and in Pennsylvania on December 15, 2013.