- Lovers and secret lives. Dougherty, Dawn // Bay Windows;9/21/2000, pN.PAG
Reviews the theatrical production "The Three of Cups," performed at the Boston Playwrights' Theatre in Boston, Massachusetts from September 14, 2000 to September 24, 2000.
- ALL THINGS JAPANESE AT THE KENNEDY CENTER. // Washingtonian Magazine;Feb2008, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p24
This article offers a preview of the "Japan! Culture + Hyper Culture" festival that will take place at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C. from February 5 to 17, 2008. The Japanese theatrical conventions of Noh and Butoh will be part of the festival. Several highlights of the festival will...
- Kid Comics. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;4/25/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 16, pA29
The article discusses the significant role played by the Gotham Comedy Club in developing comic talents in children in New York City. The club has its Kids 'N Comedy show where children showed off their talent in making people laugh. It provides classes, workshops and performances to children....
- Where to Be Funny. Rice, B.L. // Back Stage;5/28/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 22, p28
This article provides a list of comedy clubs in New York City that also includes cabaret spaces that feature comedy. Certain spaces have open mic nights; others hook only professional, self-contained acts. For those wishing to perform, check with that particular venue's booking manager....
- Think Outside the Bard. Shipley, Jonathan // Stage Directions;Apr2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p30
The article focuses on issues concerning the play development in American theatre in the U.S. It mentions that there are organizations across the countries that are trying to eliminate such development in theatres in which a culture war was being waged in the U.S. about play development versus...
- REGIONAL Roundup: New Jersey. Van Benthuysen, Gretchen // Back Stage;06/25/99, Vol. 40 Issue 25, p31
Presents news related to theater in New Jersey. What the New Jersey Shakespeare Festival's 37th season includes; Production from the Paper Mill Playhouse as the 1999 season ends; Play from the McCarter Theatre for the opening of the 1999-2000 season.
- MASK 30.1. Lawson, Jim // Mask;Autumn/Winter2007, Vol. 30 Issue 1, preceding p1
An introduction to articles published within the issue is presented, including one by Richard Sallis on the use of picture books to develop drama and another by Ross Jones on the opening a playhouse in a college.
- AGAINST THE POTOMAC. Hamilton, L.B. // Stage Directions;Oct2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p49
Presents information on the 33rd Kennedy Center/American College Theater Festival of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C. Details of the theater festival; Information on the winners in the theater design categories; Additional activities highlighted in the...
- ON STAGE JANUARY 06. // American Theatre;Jan2006, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p126
This article provides information on the plays to be performed at Theatre Communications Group theaters across the U.S. starting January 2005. The theaters include Alabama Shakespeare Festival in Montgomery, Actors Theatre of Phoenix in Arizona, Arizona Theatre Company and Invisible Theatre...