Lease or purchase
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: New Zealand;Sep2006, p4
The article provides information on the economic conditions in New Zealand. It mentions the leading agricultural exports of the country. These include dairy products, meat, forest products, fruit and vegetables. Moreover, leading manufacturing sectors in New Zealand are revealed. These include...
- Exports up, but hit by dollar. Edlin, Bob // New Zealand Dairy Exporter;Dec2009, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p22
The article offers a look at the market performance of the industries in New Zealand. The impact of the decision of Fonterra to increase its forecast on farmers' payout to 6.10 New Zealand dollar per kilogram of milksolids (MS) on commodity prices and the entire economy is explained. It reports...
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: New Zealand;Nov2007, p4
The article presents information of the economy of New Zealand. The country's economy depends mainly on exportation with excellent agriculture system. Leading products are dairy products, meat, fruit and vegetables, fish wool and lumber products. The Uruguay Round of Trade Negotiations benefited...
- Tough times for farmers. Hall, Terry // Chartered Accountants Journal;Apr98, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p48
Presents information pertaining to farming in New Zealand, with emphasis on the economic conditions farmers are experiencing. Information on the complaints to New Zealand's Reserve Bank; How the Dairy Board and the Kiwifruit Marketing Board purchased currency as protection; Background...
- Farming--new realities. Gawith, Andrew // Chartered Accountants Journal;May99, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p5
Focuses on the need for farmers to improve production and marketing methods in order to survive New Zealand's low inflation economy. Need for focus on earnings rather than capital gain; Movement from bulk to boutique production; Farmers' acceptance of low current returns.
- Things are looking up down on the farm. Hall, Terry // Chartered Accountants Journal;Dec1999, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p49
Focuses on developments related to agriculture in New Zealand as of December 1999. Weather conditions' effects on farms; Increase in farms' expenditures; Increase in number of lamb crop; Increase in number of cattle.
- Economics, Religion and Heresy. Hocking, Denis // New Zealand Forest Industries;Oct2002, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p52
Comments on the study titled 'Looking at New Zealand's Comparative Advantage--Updating Porter Study's Analysis of Exports' carried out by the New Zealand Institute of Economic Research. Sources of export revenues; Theoretical implications of the study for policy makers.
- Farmers Know Best. Chamberlain, Jenny // North & South;Sep2003, Issue 210, p10
Editorial. Comments on the gap in understanding that is developing between town and country in New Zealand. Rate of New Zealanders who live in cities; Percentage of New Zealand gross domestic product contributed by agribusiness; Description of fart tax.
- Cycling Through the Country. Byett, Anthony // Chartered Accountants Journal;May2002, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p20
Provides an overview of the agricultural industry in New Zealand. Economic contribution of the agriculture, pastoral and horticultural sectors to gross domestic product; Average income received from farming; Changes to agricultural commodity trading; Increase in agricultural production; Impact...