Feeding Nelson's Navy: The True Story of Food at Sea in the Georgian Era
- Feeding Nelson's Navy: The True Story of Food at Sea in the Georgian Era. Oddy, Derek J. // International Journal of Maritime History;Jun2005, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p398
The article reviews the book "Feeding Nelson's Navy: The True Story of Food at Sea in the Georgian Era," by Janet Macdonald.
- Naval Grazing in Nelson's Fleet. MacDonald, Janet // History Today;Oct2004, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p6
Provides information on the diet of British sailors in the Royal Navy during the time of Horatio Nelson as depicted in the book "Feeding Nelson's Navy: The True Story of Food at Sea in the Georgian Era," by Janet MacDonald. Components of the basic diet; Allocation of rations; Rules on drinking...
- Mess Night Traditions. Keiser, Gordon W. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Apr2008, Vol. 134 Issue 4, p74
The article reviews the book "Mess Night Traditions," by Charles J. Gibowicz.
- Feeding Nelson's Navy. // Maritime Life & Traditions;Summer2005, Issue 27, p81
Reviews the book "Feeding Nelson's Navy," by Janet Macdonald.
- Sample Space Station Cuisine. // Popular Mechanics;Nov2001, Vol. 178 Issue 11, p35
Describes the improvements in food preservation at astronaut rations aboard the International Space Station.
- Ministry of Defence 'beefs' up the troops. // Meat Trades Journal;3/4/2011, Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the new twelve hour operation ration packs that are designed for soldiers who are on patrols.
- From the Orenburg Cossack News. Brown Jr., W.M. Adams // New Republic;6/14/19, Vol. 19 Issue 241, p218
Presents a letter to the editor regarding a warning on the Commissars from the Red Army of the Fourth Petrograd Regiment, published in the June 14, 1919 issue of "The New Republic."
- Unit Supply... AAL the Basic Components. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Aug99, Issue 561, p58
Presents information on the items or supplies an army unit needs. Basic issue items; Components of end item; Additional authorization list.
- FIRST STRIKE DESIGNED TO MEET SOLDIERS' ENERGY NEEDS. // Army Logistician;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p47
Reports on the development of a single-package, high-energy, no-utensils required ration intended to substitute meal packages for combat troops. Efficiency of ready-to-eat packs for soldiers; Weight and food composition; Research on a quick energy gel.
- Room rent rant. // Soldiers;Jun2015, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p51
The article provides an answer to a question of why charges of a single room in officers' and sergeants' mess in Tidworth Garrison is higher than families accommodation room.