- The Octopus. Jackson, Peter // Journal of Diving History;Spring2011, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p32
The author talks about stories of adventurer under the sea involving a hero being engaged in a battle with a giant octopus.
- How to write an adventure story. Rogers, Cindy // Hopscotch;Jun/Jul94, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p10
Provides rules for writing adventure stories. Solicitation of attention; Use of personal experiences; Use of dialogue; Need for action; Topics for adventure stories.
- I've always had a love/hate relationship with science fiction. Martin, Jeff // This Land;11/1/2014, Vol. 5 Issue 21, p2
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's relationship with science fiction.
- Fly With Me. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);2/7/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p15
The article presents a weird story of a boy living in Seattle, Washington, who did everything just to fulfill his wish to visit his grandfather in Dallas.
- IMAGINE THAT! // Scholastic Scope;10/30/2000, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p15
Presents a writing activity for school children focusing on American adventure stories. Ideas given for students to develop a story; Factors to consider in writing an adventure fiction.
- In the classroom. Colvin, Carolyn; Ross, Pamela // Reading Teacher;Oct91, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p158
Describes several practical teaching ideas created and used by various teachers. Includes writing `choose your own adventure' stories, using a writing briefcase and traveling suitcase, and using diagrams for research projects.
- Paradise and Storytelling: Interconnecting Gender, Motif, and Narrative Structure. Daemmrich, Ingrid G. // Narrative;May2003, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p213
Examines the transformation of the motif's narratological functions when stories about paradise shift from men's tales of adventure and quest to women's fiction centered on complex, fluid interconnections. Interconnections between the paradise motif and masculine narratives of adventure and...
- GUY'S HISTORICAL ADVENTURES. ODEAN, KATHLEEN // Teacher Librarian;Feb2011, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p11
The article presents plot information for several historical adventure books for young adults including "Heart of a Samurai: Based on the True Story of Nakahama Manjiro" by Margi Preus, "Revolver" by Marcus Sedgwick, and "The Water Seeker" by Kimberly Willis Holt.
- Middleworld: The Jaguar Stones, Book 1. Romriell, Deanna // School Library Journal;Sep2010, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p62
The article presents a review of the audiobook "Middleworld" narrated by Scott Brick, the first book in the Jaguar Stones series.