- Franklin Kern dies. // Construction Bulletin;4/7/2008, Vol. 293 Issue 14, p107
An obituary for Frank Kern, president of Kern & Tabery Inc., is presented.
- IN MEMORIUM. // American Gas;Dec2001/Jan2002, Vol. 83 Issue 10, p10
Presents an obituary for chief executive officer of New Jersey Resources Corp. James T. Dolan Jr. and owner and board chairman of Maxitrol Co. Frank Kern Jr.
- Literacy in America (Book). Chylinski, Manya S. // Library Journal;12/1/2002, Vol. 127 Issue 20, p108
Reviews the book 'Literacy in America: An Encyclopedia of History, Theory, and Practice.'
- Changing Face Of IBM. Kovar, Joseph F. // CRN;5/12/2008, Issue 1265, p8
The article announces the career development of executives in IBM industry in Armonk, New York including Robert Mofat as senior vice president of IBM System and Technology Group, in replace of retiree William Zeitler, Nicholas Donofrio, executive vice president of innovation and technology, who...
- Extenders on the rise. Nash, Karen // Dermatology Times;Sep2010, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p12
The article focuses on the increased number of physician extenders and their growing role in the dermatological care in the U.S. It mentions that having a physician assistant (PA) instead of another dermatologist in the profession facilitates easier work implementation compared to hiring...
- Entitlement or creativity? // Industrial Engineer: IE;Jul2010, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p14
The article focuses on the factors to be considered when hiring new employees for various businesses in the U.S. According to Frank Kern, senior vice president at the International Business Machines Corp. (IBM), chief executive officers (CEO) want their new hires to possess creativity. He added...
- Powerful literacies (book). Clair, Ralf St. // Adult Education Quarterly;Nov2002, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p62
Reviews the book 'Powerful Literacies,' edited by Jim Crowther, Mary Hamilton and Lyn Tett.
- Early Literacy (Book Review). Linning, Lyn // Orana;Mar2001, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p29
Reviews the book 'Early Literacy: The Empowerment of Technology,' by Jean M. Casey.
- Family Literacy: From Theory to Practice. // Reading Today;Apr/May2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p34
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Family Literacy: From Theory to Practice,' edited by Andrea DeBruin-Parecki and Barbara Krol-Sinclair.