Virtual Communities, Social Networks and Collaboration
- MEDICINE (GENERAL & PUBLIC ASPECTS). // SciTech Book News;Mar2009, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p75
The article reviews several books including "Handbook of Research on Distributed Medical Informatics and E-Health," edited by Athina A. Lazakidou and Konstantinos M. Siassiakos, "Telemedicine in the Twenty First Century," edited by Lucia Martinez and Carla Gomez and "Galen and the Rhetoric of...
- Virtual Communities: Bowling Alone, Online Together. Adolphson, Jeremy V. // Rhetoric & Public Affairs;Summer2012, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p381
The article reviews the book "Virtual Communities: Bowling Alone, Online Together," by Felicia Wu Song.
- The virtual community (Book Review). Rich, Martin // Journal of Information Technology (Routledge, Ltd.);Sep94, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p247
This book could almost be subtitled ï¿½Confessions of a Spodï¿½ ï¿½ to adopt the slang by which users of bulletin boards and virtual discussions refer to themselves. Howard Rheingold bases it around his own experience over several years as a user, particularly of a system called WELL.
- On-line service is WELL within reach of 80 cities. // PC Week;4/24/95, Vol. 12 Issue 16, p51
Reports on the plan of the on-line service WELL to offer Point-to-Point Protocol access at speeds as high as 64K bps.
- Second Earth: How Second Life and Google Earth are Merging into One Metaverse. // Future Survey;Aug2007, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p10
An abstract of the article "Second Earth: How Second Life and Google Earth Are Merging Into One Metaverse," by Wade Roush is presented.
- Speculations on real and virtnal worlds fall short. SCHMIDT, KATHERINE G. // National Catholic Reporter;10/14/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 26, Special section p4
The article reviews the book "Exodus to the Virtual World: How Online Fun Is Changing Reality," by Edward Castronova.
- Groundswell: Winning in a World Transformed by Social Technologies. Marshall, Jeffrey // Financial Executive;Jun2008, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p13
The article presents a review of the book "Groundswell: Winning in a World Transformed by Social Technologies," by Charlene Li and Josh Bernoff.
- Connected Play: Tweens in a Virtual World. // Education Digest;Oct2014, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p64
No abstract available.
- Utopias: A Brief History from Ancient Writings to Virtual Communities. MOYLAN, TOM // Communal Societies;2013, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p197
No abstract available.