Media Perspectives on Intelligent Design and Evolution
- Media Perspectives on Intelligent Design and Evolution. // Library Journal;5/1/2013, Vol. 138 Issue 8, p104
The article reviews the book "Media Perspectives on Intelligent Design and Evolution," by Mark Paxton.
- RELIGION. // Reference & Research Book News;Apr2013, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p11
The article reviews several books including "Politics in Theology," edited by Gabriel R. Ricci, "Media Perspectives on Intelligent Design and Evolution," by Mark Paxton and "Freedom, Religion, and Gender," edited by Jeff Gauthier.
- Commentary: The Risk of Intelligent Design. Scharmann, Lawrence C. // Science Teacher;Nov2003, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p12
Warns against the risks of adopting Intelligent Design (ID) as a scientific theory. Existence of an articulate advocacy for ID theory; Application of both evolution and ID tools to biological questions; Theories' function of explaining and solving problems of personal, societal and scientific...
- How Nature Works. FARRELL, JOHN // National Review;9/2/2013, Vol. 65 Issue 16, p35
A review of the book "Darwin's Doubt: The Explosive Origin of Animal Life and the Case for Intelligent Design" by Stephen C. Meyer is presented.
- How Not to Attack Intelligent Design Creationism: Philosophical Misconceptions About Methodological Naturalism. Boudry, Maarten; Blancke, Stefaan; Braeckman, Johan // Foundations of Science;Aug2010, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p227
In recent controversies about Intelligent Design Creationism (IDC), the principle of methodological naturalism (MN) has played an important role. In this paper, an often neglected distinction is made between two different conceptions of MN, each with its respective rationale and with a different...
- FORM AND FUNCTION: ON BIOLOGY AND BUILDINGS. Ruse, Michael // Center: Architecture & Design in America;2010, Issue 15, p1
An essay is presented on the causes and mechanisms of evolution. It argues that there has been a tension in the thinking about the world as well as the organisms from the beginnings of modern biological thought. It notes that the people leading the charge against evolution describe themselves as...
- DARWIN, SCIENTISM, AND THE MISGUIDED QUEST FOR DARWINIAN CONSERVATISM. West, John G. // Intercollegiate Review;Fall2010, Vol. 45 Issue 1/2, p34
This article discusses the quest for Darwinian conservatism by conservative intellectuals. It explores the use of Darwinism by conservatives to defend traditional morality, economic freedom, limited government and religion. It also analyzes the use of Darwinism to promote capitalism in...
- The God of the Gaps. Berlinski, David // Commentary;Apr2008, Vol. 125 Issue 4, p34
An essay is presented on the absence of God and the miraculous from scientific discourse. Particular focus is given to explanations of the human mind, Darwinism, the connection between human beings and apes, and intelligent design. The author reflects on finding God in the gaps left by...
- intelligent design. Campbell, Alison // New Zealand Science Teacher;2007, Issue 116, p11
The article explains the issue why the theory of Intelligent Design (ID) could not be considered as a scientific alternative to the theory of evolution. It states that ID is the concept that life and the Universe are complex. This could not be considered as a tenable alternative to evolution...