SEABROOK AND THE NUCLEAR REGULATORY COMMISSION: THE LICENSING OF A NUCLEAR POWER PLANT
- Seabrook and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (Book). Kline, R. V. // American Scientist;Mar/Apr81, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p222
Reviews the non-fiction book 'Seabrook and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission: The Licensing of a Nuclear Power Plant,' by Donald W. Stever Jr.
- Frankenstein's monster lives! Wasserman, Harvey // Environmental Action;May/Jun90, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p16
Discusses issues concerning the Nuclear Regulatory Commission's (NCR) decision to approve full power license to Seabrook Station, a nuclear power plant in New Hampshire. Representative Peter Kostmayer's comparison of the Seabrook case to Dr. Frankenstein's monster; Incidents where the NCR...
- Hollow at the Core. // Progressive;Apr90, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p10
Comments on the approval by the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission to grant license for the nuclear power plant at Seabrook, New Hampshire. Pros and cons to the approval; Terms and conditions for the license; Operations and construction of the plant.
- Embattled Seabrook wins license at last. Shulman, S. // Nature;3/8/1990, Vol. 344 Issue 6262, p96
Reports that New Hampshire's Seabrook nuclear power plant has received a full-power operating license from the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Opponents plan appeal; Controversy.
- What the relicensing process will look at, and not. Sanders, Bob // New Hampshire Business Review;5/6/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p15
The article offers information on the National Regulatory Commission's relicensing process on nuclear power plant in New Hampshire which includes the Seabrook nuclear power plant and NextEra Energy Inc.
- Group targets Seabrook safety. // New Hampshire Business Review;3/1/96, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p17
Reports on We the People's doubts over the safety of the Seabrook nuclear plant after uncovering an investigation into forged engineering documents at the power plant. Call for the federal Nuclear Regulatory Commission's reopening of an investigation at Seabrook; Forgery of signatures in some...
- Reactors in Wonderland. Shulman, Seth // Nature;5/11/1989, Vol. 339 Issue 6220, p90
The article reports developments on the Shoreham and Seabrook nuclear power plants in New York and New Hampshire, respectively. Each reactors got a positive proclamation from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), thus, licensing will be easier for either plants. Massachusetts Attorney General...
- NUCLEAR reaction Seabrook relicensing request brings up old and new issues. Sandera, Bob // New Hampshire Business Review;5/6/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p1
The article focuses on the request of NextEra Energy Resources LLC for the relicensing of its Seabrook Nuclear Power Plant in New Hampshire. It says that the submission of NextEra of its License Renewal Application and Environmental Report was surprising for the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory...
- Seabrook and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (Book Review). Phillips, Ronnie J. // Library Journal;9/1/1980, Vol. 105 Issue 15, p1746
Reviews the book 'Seabrook and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission,' by Donald W. Stever.