- Vegan and Vegetarian FAQ-- Answers to Your Frequently Asked Questions (Book). // Vegetarian Journal;2003, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p34
Cites the book 'Vegan and Vegetarian FAQ--Answers to Your Frequently Asked Questions,' by Davida Gypsy Breier and Reed Mangels. Presentation of answers to questions posted by visitors to the Vegetarian Resource Group website; Inclusion of 35 popular recipes.
- Lifestyle NOTES. Rotella, Mark; Zaleski, Jeff // Publishers Weekly;8/20/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 33, p77
Reviews several books on health. `The Field and Stream Wilderness Cooking Handbook: How to Prepare, Cook and Serve Backcountry Meals,' by J. Wayne Fears; `Vegan and Vegetarian FAQ: Answers to Your Frequently Asked Questions,' compiled by Davida Gypsy Breier; `Living With Anxiety: A Clinically...
- Vegetarian diets. Mann, Jim // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;9/5/2009, Vol. 339 Issue 7720, p325
The article discusses the health and ecological benefits of vegetarian diets. According to the author, some ethnic and religious groups consume vegetarian diets for ethical reasons while other people go for vegetarian diets for health reasons. Vegetarianism is said to cover a range of dietary...
- Vegan Teens in Sweden Eat More Fruits and Vegetables. Mangels, Reed // Vegetarian Journal;2006, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p20
The article focuses on a study that compares vegetarian teens to non-vegetarian teens in Sweden. Study reveals that vegan teens eat more fruits and vegetables. Vegetarians also met the 500 gram recommendation of fruits and vegetable intakes needed for the body to fight diseases. Lastly, young...
- Diet NOTEBOOK. // Health & Fitness Magazine;Oct2015, p34
The article discusses developments in health and nutrition as of October 2015. A study by researchers from Harvard University and published in the "Journal of General Internal Medicine" showed that vegetarian and vegan diets are more effective than diet containing meat for losing weight. Also...
- vegerarian & vegan books and products. // New Vegetarian & Natural Health;Winter2004, p76
Presents a number of books and products for vegetarians and vegans. Vegetarian cooking; Vegan cooking; Vegetarian/vegan philosophy; Health guides; Babies and children.
- On Being Vegan. RHIANNON, LEE // Natural Health & Vegetarian Life;Spring2010, p45
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of discussing to a young couple about the benefits of being vegan.
- Vegan (kinda, sorta). Mowbray, Scott // Cooking Light;May2010, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p14
A personal narrative is presented that explores the author's experience of adopting a vegan diet for two months.
- Is veganism a better way of life? Fallon, Sally; Friedrich, Bruce // Ecologist;Oct2001, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p20
Presents opposing views on veganism. Definition of veganism; Health benefits for vegans; Details on animal abuse; Criticisms on the agenda of the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals against animal farming.