- With a little help from science, panda has blessed event // Smithsonian;Sep1979, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p44
No abstract available.
- Panda made in China. // Asian Pacific Post;7/30/2009, p10
This article deals with the success of China in producing the first giant panda born following artificial conception with frozen sperm.
- TRACKS. // Backpacker;Oct2004, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p35
Presents an update on issues related to endangered species in the U.S. as of October 2004, including the artificial insemination of a black-footed ferret.
- Marsupial firsts. // Australian Geographic;Jan-Mar99, Issue 53, p121
Focuses on the first koala which was conceived through artificial insemination by researchers at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary and the University of Queensland on May 11, 1998. Objectives of the University of Sydney and its allied organizations to use the technology in reproducing marsupial.
- Notes on the induced reproduction and development of the tigerfish, Hydrocynus vittatus (Characidae), embryos and larvae Deacon, A. R.; du Preez, H. H.; Gagiano, C. L.; Steyn, G. J. // Environmental Biology of Fishes;Dec1996, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p387
No abstract available.
- Prized Pachyderm. Maksel, Rebecca // Smithsonian;Feb2002, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p33
Reports on the birth of an elephant calf, Kandula, after its mother, Shanthi, was artificially inseminated at the National Zoo in Washington, D.C. How the calf is only the fourth elephant born in the United States using artificial insemination and the fifth worldwide; Lack of natural breeding...
- The first success of glass eel production in the world: basic biology on fish reproduction advances new applied technology in aquaculture. Kagawa, Hirohiko; Tanaka, Hideki; Ohta, Hiromi; Unuma, Tatsuya; Nomura, Kazuharu // Fish Physiology & Biochemistry;Jun2005, Vol. 31 Issue 2/3, p193
The eel has long been esteemed as an important food fish in the world, especially in Japan, and has been used as an experimental fish for many fields of fish physiology. However, the decreases in eel resources have been a serious concern in recent years. The catches of glass eels as seedlings...
- Some Diagnosis and Therapy Techniques in Rainbow Trout (Oncorhynchus Mykiss) Furunculosis, in Intensive System Bred. Negrea, Octavian; Mireşan, Vioara; Chirilă, Flore; Miclăuş, Viorel; Răducu, Camelia; Bidian, Altina // Scientific Papers: Animal Science & Biotechnologies / Lucrari St;Dec2010, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p44
Clinical and paraclinical investigations (morpho-pathologic, bacterioscopic, bacteriologic and sensitiveness test to antibodies) done on 20 fish (rainbow trout), dead or in agony state, taken from a furunculosis pesthole in Salmonidae and proceeded from an intensive exploitation unit of trout,...
- Preservation of Washed Spermatozoa of Mehsana Buck at Refrigeration Temperature. Parmar, V. R.; Suthar, B. N.; Sharma, V. K.; Nakhashi, H. C.; Parikh, S. S. // Veterinary World;May2012, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p294
The study was done to understand the preservation of Washed Spermatozoa of Mehsana Buck at Refrigeration temperature. The washed spermatozoa from 78 semen ejaculates, 26 each from 3 Mehsana bucks, were preserved at 4 Â± 10C temperature in SM and TCFEY diluents up to 72 hours and the physical...