Unfree Speech: The Folly of Campaign Finance Reform
- Foe of Campaign- Finance Law To Leave FEC. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/20/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 25, p10
Focuses on plans of U.S. Federal Elections Commissions commissioner Bradley Smith to resign from his post on August, 2005. Details of his career; Information on his book "Unfree Speech: The Folly of Campaign Finance Reform"; Remarks of Smith regarding his term in office.
- John McCain's War on Political Speech. Smith, Bradley A. // Reason;Dec2005, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p36
Presents a speech by Bradley A. Smith, former chairman of the U.S. Federal Election Commission, delivered at Capital University in Columbus, Ohio on April 18, 2005. Views by Smith on campaign finance reform; Overview of the limits, prohibitions and reporting requirements of the Federal Election...
- LETTERS. Noble, Lawrence; Al-Dafa, Bader Omar; Raymond, James; Zaparan, Richard // National Review;3/25/2002, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p2
Several letters to the editor in response to articles in previous issues including "The Gaggers and Gagmaking," by Bradley A. Smith in the March 11, 2002 issue, "Desert Rats: Confronting the Saudi Tyranny," in the February 25, 2002 issue, "Corps-Crazy," by Kate O'Beirne in the February 25, 2002...
- Parties, Interest Groups, and Campaign Finance Laws (Book Review). // Education;Winter80, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p157
Reviews the book 'Parties, Interest Groups, and Campaign Finance Laws,' edited by Michael J. Malbin.
- Untitled. McAvoy, Kim // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/93, Vol. 123 Issue 45, p51
Reports on the lack of consensus in the Congress regarding campaign finance reform legislation. Senate campaign bill proposals.
- NAB blasts campaign ad plan. KM // Broadcasting & Cable;5/10/93, Vol. 123 Issue 19, p14
Reports on the hostile reaction of the National Association of Broadcasters to President Bill Clinton's campaign finance reform package that opens up the airwaves to all candidates. Lower rates for radio and television airtime; Senate candidates' broadcast time rate; House candidates' free...
- Basic Current Law. // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep88, Vol. 67 Issue 8/9, p197
Discusses the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 which established regulations on the financing of election campaigns and the amendment to the Act which created the Federal Election Commission.
- Evolution of Federal Election Campaign laws. // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep88, Vol. 67 Issue 8/9, p196
Lists a number of laws enacted by Congress from 1867-1988 relative to financing Federal election campaigns.
- Existing Federal Campaign Finance Law. // Congressional Digest;Oct90, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p228
Presents excerpts of the Federal Election Campaign Act from a Federal Election Commission publication, `The FEC and the Federal Campaign Finance Law.' Grants; Matching payments; Filing requirements; Limits and prohibitions.