- Encyclopedia of Stem Cell Research. Cameron, Hazel // Library Journal;12/1/2008, Vol. 133 Issue 20, p157
The article reviews the book "Encyclopedia of Stem Cell Research," two volumes, edited by Clive N. Svendsen and Allison D. Ebert.
- Encyclopedia of Stem Cell Research. Mushiewicz, Marion S. // Reference & User Services Quarterly;Summer2009, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p407
The article reviews the book "Encyclopedia of Stem Cell Research," edited by Clive N. Svendsen and Allison D. Ebert.
- Preserving her legacy: Shana Melius. Barker, Cyril Josh // New York Amsterdam News;4/7/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 14, p5
The article reports on the initiative of entertainer Shana Melius to commit in educating the Black community on the benefits of adult stem cells in New York City.
- Encyclopedia of Stem Cell Research. Cannon, Nancy // Booklist;12/1/2008, Vol. 105 Issue 7, p75
Reviews the book "Encyclopedia of Stem Cell Research" by Clive N. Svendsen
- Stem Cell Center Brings Incubator Hopes for UCI. Reed, Vita // Orange County Business Journal;5/24/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p1
The article reports on the significance of the new stem cell center of the University of California in Irvine. It states that the 100,000-square-foot center worth 80 million U.S. dollars could be the source of licensed technology, companies, and treatments of spinal cord injuries, Alzheimer's...
- SAGE Knows Social Science. Roncevic, Mirela // Library Journal;11/1/2008, Vol. 133 Issue 18, p102
An interview with Rolf Janke, vice president and publisher of SAGE Reference, is presented. When asked what qualities SAGE possesses today that it didn't years ago, he replies that its a much more global company with an aggressive digital-content strategy. Janke comments on SAGE's acquisition of...
- A Case of Collaboration: Faculty Experiences within a Multidisciplinary, Multimedia, Multi-campus Learning Community in an Urban Community College District. Moore, Maria A.; Bruckner, Ian M. // MountainRise;2010, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p1
This case study examines the experience of community college faculty participating within a specific learning community of students, teachers, and broadcasters charged with the responsibility to create common coursework and a town hall meeting on the issue of stem cell research. Videotaped data...
- Stem cells: finding the right path. Blow, Nathan // Nature Methods;Dec2008, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p1061
The article discusses research on well-characterized stem cell lines and cultures. The article mentions several companies researching and supplying stem cells including R&D Systems Inc. in Minneapolis, Minnesota, led by Jessie Ni, as well as Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. in Waltham, and...
- Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000). Pater, Walter // Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000);1/1/1910, p1
Presents the complete text of "Renaissance: Studies in Art & Poetry (Release Date: 11/1/2000)" by Pater, Walter, 1839-1894.