Knowing the Enemy: Jihadist Ideology and the War on Terror
- Paranoid Jihadists Are Ultimate Conspiracy Theorists. Hannaford, Peter // Human Events;6/22/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 22, p18
The article reviews the book "Knowing the Enemy: Jihadist Ideology and the War on Terror," by Mary Habeck.
- THE PUBLIC SQUARE: A Continuing Survey of Religion, Culture, and Public Life. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Apr2006, Issue 162, p63
The article discusses books and other publications concerning terrorism threat against the U.S. Norman Podhoretz wrote that the U.S. is in the midst of World War IV, Samuel Huntington described it as alarmist. Of particular interest are the book "Dream Palace of the Arabs," by Fouad Ajami, "The...
- Book Reviews. Hollander, Paul; Cooper, Barry; May, Collin // Society;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p83
The article reviews several books on social sciences including "The Cold War: A New History," by John Lewis Gaddis, "Knowing the Enemy: Jihadist Ideology and the War on Terror," by Mary Habeck, and "While Europe Slept: How Radical Islam Is Destroying the West from Within," by Bruce Bawer.
- Why Terror? // Booklist;4/15/2006, Vol. 102 Issue 16, p10
This article reviews several books on Jihad and terrorism, including "Knowing the Enemy: Jihadist Ideology and the War on Terror," by Mary Habeck, "Jihad: The Trial of Political Islam," by Gilles Kepel, translated by Anthony F. Roberts, and "Why the Rest Hates the West: Understanding the Roots...
- The man who believes in nothing. O'Neill, Brendan // New Statesman;2/20/2006, Vol. 135 Issue 4780, p50
The article presents book reviews of "The Osama Bin Laden I Know: an oral history of al-Qaeda's leader," by Peter L. Bergen, "Messages to the World: the statements of Osama Bin Laden," edited by Bruce Lawrence, and "Knowing the Enemy: jihadist ideology and the war on terror," by Mary Habeck.
- Book reviews: South Asia. Jones, Owen Bennett; Hardiman, David; Laird, Michael; Gillett, Simon; Tully, Mark; Neale, Michael; Johnson, Robert // Asian Affairs;Nov2006, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p383
The article reviews several books about jihadism, including "Knowing the Enemy: Jihadists, Ideology and the War on Terror," by Mary Habeck, "Landscapes of the Jihad: Militancy, Morality, Modernity," by Faisal Devji, and "Pakistan's Drift Into Extremism: Allah, the Army and America's War on...
- RECENT PUBLICATIONS: MODERN HISTORY AND POLITICS. // Middle East Journal;Spring2006, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p406
The article reviews several books about modern history and politics including "Christians and a Land Called Holy: How Can We Foster Justice, Peace, and Hope," by Charles P. Lutz and Robert O. Smith, "Hands Across the Sea: Jewish Immigrants and World War I," by Joseph Rappaport, and "Knowing the...
- The Great War and the Twentieth Century (Book Review). // Contemporary Review;Apr2001, Vol. 278 Issue 1623, p254
Reviews the book `The Great War and the Twentieth Century,' edited by Jay Winter, Geoffrey Parker and Mary R. Habeck.
- Who Lost Spain? Hitchens, Christopher // Wilson Quarterly;Summer2001, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p106
Reviews the book `Spain Betrayed: The Soviet Union in the Spanish Civil War,' edited by Ronald Radosh, Mary R. Habeck and Grigory Sevostianov.