- African Philosophy as Cultural Inquiry (Book Review). Giles-Vernick, Tamara // International Journal of African Historical Studies;2000, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p718
Reviews the book 'African Philosophy as Cultural Inquiry,' edited by Ivan Karp and D.A. Masolo.
- African Philosophy in Search of Identity (Book Review). McGhee, Michael // Studies in World Christianity;2000, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p266
Reviews the book 'African Philosophy in Search of Identity,' by D.A. Masolo.
- Creativity of Power: Cosmology and Action in African Societies (Book). Wiseman, John A. // Africa (Edinburgh University Press);1991, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p403
Reviews the book "Creativity of Power: Cosmology and Action in African Societies," by W. Arens and Ivan Karp.
- Fields of change among the Iteso of Kenya (Book Review). Spencer, Paul // Africa (Edinburgh University Press);1980, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p214
Reviews the book 'Fields of Change Among the Iteso of Kenya,' by Ivan Karp.
- Museum Frictions: Public Cultures/Global Transformations. Franco, Barbara // Journal of American History;Sep2007, Vol. 94 Issue 2, p655
The article reviews the book "Museum Frictions: Public Cultures/Global Transformations," edited by Ivan Karp, Corinne A. Kratz, Lynn Szwaja, and TomÃ¡s Ybarra-Frausto.
- IVAN KARP August 27, 1943-September 17, 2011. Beidelman, T. O. // African Studies Review;Apr2012, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p197
An obituary for editor and author Ivan Karp is presented.
- A Critical Review of D.A. Masolo's Self and Community in a Changing World, Bloomington and Indianapolis: Indiana University Press, 2010. ISBN 978-0-253-35481-5 cloth $75.00; ISBN 978-0- 253-22202-2 pbk $ 24.95. Oduor, Reginald M. J. // Thought & Practice;2012, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p1
The article reviews the book "Self and Community in a Changing World," by D.A. Masolo.
- Explorations in African Systems of Thought, Bloomington (Book Review). Middleton, John // Africa (Edinburgh University Press);1982, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p101
Reviews the book 'Explorations in African Systems of Thought,' edited by Ivan Karp and Charles Bird.
- THE NEXT FIFTY YEARS OF ART HISTORY. Benincasa, Christopher // Structurist;2009/2010, Issue 49/50, p88
The article focuses on the outlook of art history. It mentions that discussing the future of art is not being radical since it is based on the structures of the past and present in which the discussion demands an assumption that is the art has changed. According to Ivan Karp in his essay "How...