- Pirate Jam (Book). Thorsen, Connie // Catholic Library World;Dec2003, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p161
Reviews the book 'Pirate Jam," written and illustrated by Jo Brown.
- Le Beau Doc Sans Merci. Farrell, Liam // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/24/2001, Vol. 323 Issue 7323, p1259
Presents a fictional account of an encounter with a young lady who decided not to go to medical school. Attempts to persuade the woman to change her mind; Her persistence in her decision.
- Two methods of exploring interests: A comparison of outcomes. Croteau, James M.; Slaney, Robert B. // Career Development Quarterly;Mar1994, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p252
Studies the difference in how intervening with the Vocational Card Sort versus the Strong/Strong-Campbell would be experienced by clients. Inclusion of a participant attribute variable and an outcome variable; Locus of control for career development; Career decision-making self-efficacy;...
- Promising Future. Goodyear, Lucille J. // Saturday Evening Post;Mar/Apr1973, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p78
Presents a comment of a vocational counselor on the vocational aptitude of a young applicant.
- Taking Off. Diorio, Geri // School Library Journal;Jan2011, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p112
A review of the book "Taking Off," by Jenny Moss is presented.
- AVENGING THE OWL. // Kirkus Reviews;2/15/2016, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p1
Solo's dad walked away from a successful Hollywood career writing cartoons, traded the Corvette for a VW bus, and moved his family from their beachfront home to a trailer in Oregon, where Solo's efforts to avenge his kitten's death at the claws of an owl go horribly wrong.
- Vocational Guidance Through Fact and Fiction. Sacopulos, Eugenia // Personnel & Guidance Journal;Apr61, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p670
The article discusses the usefulness of fact and fiction as a tool of vocational guidance especially in English classes. Both fiction and nonfiction can be effectively used to cater to the slow and the bright students. In relating literature to life, the student, through reading and tactful...
- SECOND DRAFT OF MY LIFE (Book). Zaleski, Jeff // Publishers Weekly;3/25/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 12, p39
Reviews the book 'Second Draft of My Life,' by Sara Lewis.
- Where the Heart Leads. Butler, Tamara // Library Journal;9/1/2008, Vol. 133 Issue 14, p110
The article reviews the book "Where the Heart Leads," by Kim Vogel Sawyer.